Live Guide To-Go™ and Fusion Hybrid Storage Solution provide media companies with more efficient and cost-effective solutions across the broadcast and publishing workflows.
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., April 19, 2022 – Bitcentral Inc., the provider of award-winning efficient media workflows for broadcast and digital video, has announced it will debut its latest solutions, Live Guide To-Go and Fusion Hybrid Storage Solution, at NAB Show 2022 (Las Vegas Convention Center, April 23 – 27, booth W5100).
Live Guide To-Go™
Live Guide To-Go™ is a convenient channel management tool and application SDK for creating an Electronic Program Guide (EPG) in 3rd party applications. Publishers can now build linear TV experiences that augment their current VOD offering using a simple SDK across web, mobile, smart devices and connected TV. The Live Guide To-Go solution empowers them to scale up their distribution to reach new audiences, drive longer average viewing session times, and create new revenue opportunities through advertising.
The solution provides turnkey channel management of digital linear feeds from Bitcentral’s own FUEL platform or leading Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) channel vendors. The Live Guide To-Go SDK and CMS suite were originally developed by Powr.tv, a company recently acquired by Bitcentral, and now form part of Bitcentral’s suite of products for the next era of streaming.
Greg Morrow, General Manager, Streaming Media Group, at Bitcentral said: “Live Guide To-Go provides a highly valuable solution to publishers who are looking to drive consumer engagement and dramatically increase video content volume, without the heavy lifting or cost of building a whole new platform or producing original video content. Bitcentral customers also get the powerful combined benefits of FUEL + Powr.tv to create FAST channels from VOD assets with dynamic automated content assembly capabilities. FUEL + Powr.tv is the most comprehensive ‘manage once distribute many’ platform available today.”
Fusion Hybrid Storage Solution
Fusion modernizes the methodologies used to deliver the broadcast content services of its on-premise Oasis solution, including archive, asset management and sharing. Innovating for the next era of broadcast, Fusion has been built from the ground up, in a microservices architecture, to leverage the scaling and cost efficiencies of cloud-based resources, and to provide an availability capability not easily provided in a typical station environment.
Fusion Hybrid Storage Solution (HSS) extends the capabilities of on-premise storage and gives increased scalability and federated access to content for distribution. It adds to the cost efficiencies of scale offered by Bitcentral’s suite of cloud-based services, including its Oasis Central sharing product, and FUEL + Powr.tv content management and distribution platform for OTT.
Fusion HSS feature highlights:
- Hybrid On-Premise/Cloud-based Solution
- Utilizes Bitcentral’s Fusion Hybrid Storage Connector
- Leverages Bitcentral’s local Oasis storage, on-prem intelligent cache, and commercially available cloud-based services
- Full-service Solution or Connector to customer provided S3 compatible storage
- Provides instant access to archived content
- Archives high-resolution content, proxies, and metadata
- Single region with multiple availability zones
- Reserved capacity with cost efficiencies at scale on a contract or “Pay as You Go” options
Sam Peterson, COO, Bitcentral, said: “At Bitcentral we pride ourselves on our dedication to continuous innovation and product development to improve the efficiencies of our customers, and Fusion HSS is a great example of this. It’s been three years in the making and that period coincides with a long absence from NAB Show, so we couldn’t be happier to be returning to Las Vegas this month to debut the solution.”
Note to editors: NAB Show takes place at Las Vegas Convention Center, April 23 – 27.
- Edgio Announces Availability of CMCD Reports - November 28, 2023
- Altman Solon Survey: Amid Sports Spending Boom, 85% of Global Sports Execs Worry Sports Rights Owners Not Meeting the Changing Needs of Media Partners - November 28, 2023
- Evergent Selects Platform Communications as Global PR Partner - November 28, 2023