– Azure customers given complete access to rich set of cloud encoding and playback features from Bitmovin –
Amsterdam – September 10, 2019 – Bitmovin, a world leader in innovative cloud-based video streaming solutions has announced that at IBC2019 it will debut Bitmovin Encoding and Player integration on Microsoft Azure. Azure customers can now use encoding and player solutions from Bitmovin to create highly customizable, flexible, easy and quick to deploy secure streaming solutions for video on demand (VoD) and live streaming use cases.
By ensuring full interoperability of its player with streams from Azure Media Services, Bitmovin has simplified streaming video content to PCs, laptops, mobile devices, streaming sticks, consoles and Smart TVs.
Bitmovin Encoder and Player products easily enable any number of features that are commonly expected in SVoD and AVoD workflow setups and critical to the delivery of high-quality streaming experiences to viewers. By providing the majority of features out of the box, Bitmovin and Microsoft customers can deploy ready to use solutions quickly, reducing time to market and speeding up return on investment.
“With Microsoft Azure Media Services built entirely in the cloud, there are fantastic synergies between Azure and Bitmovin’s Encoding and Player solutions, for the delivery of cloud-based streaming and playout workflows, in a secure environment,” said Christopher Mueller, CTO, Bitmovin. “This integration opens up access to complementary services for Bitmovin and Microsoft customers alike, as they look to grow their customer base and make their content accessible to more viewers.”
Sudheer Sirivara, General Manager for Azure Media at Microsoft Corp, added, “Our customers are gaining direct access to a range of tools that make streaming video content to fragmented audiences around the world easier. These solutions from Bitmovin integrated into Microsoft Azure ensure that quality of service is consistent across all devices and platforms while simplifying the process of preparing content for all formats.”
With Bitmovin Encoder, Azure customers will have complete access to a rich set of cloud encoding features including:
- Multi-codec, multi-device compatible encoding (H264, HEVC, MPEG DASH, VP9)
- Support for advanced codecs like AV1, VVC
- Transcoding for multi-device delivery
- DRM integrations for content protection
- Dynamic Ad Insertion
- Multi-language closed captions and audio selection
- Three Pass Encoding
With Bitmovin’s multi-device player, Azure customers will also have complete access rich set of playback features including:
- HTML5 and Native Player sdks to reach broad set of devices like browser, mobile, gaming console, Streaming Stick and Smart TV devices
- Unified APIs that enable customizations and reduce cross platform development time
- Adaptive streaming for Live and VoD content
- Multiple playback formats such as Progressive, DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming
- Playback of DRM, AES-128 encrypted content
- Flexible Server-Side and Client-Side Ad Insertion modules
- Multi-language closed captions, audio selection
- Pre-integrated video analytics solutions for QoS, Ad and Video tracking needs
Bitmovin will be showcasing this collaboration at IBC2019, on Bitmovin’s stand (Hall14.E12).
Latest posts by platformcomms (see all)
- Going the extra mile: The Switch’s extensive network reach in China delivers Hengshui Lake International Marathon to global audience - October 15, 2019
- MediaKind appoints Allen Broome as Chief Technology Officer - October 7, 2019
- Vionlabs lands in the Americas with appointment of Kevin Odden - October 7, 2019