Bonnier Broadcasting, part of Nordic media giant Bonnier, chooses Paywizard to boost customer engagement and growth of OTT TV subscribers
- Swedish broadcaster selects Paywizard Agile for its ‘Decision Moments’ framework to create actionable insight that drives subscriber loyalty and acquisition
- Paywizard’s Agile platform to drive Bonnier Broadcasting’s growth of C More OTT service in the region
- Bonnier Broadcasting is looking to capitalise on Paywizard’s longstanding industry experience in managing, monetising and growing pay-TV subscriber bases
London, 24th September 2018 – Bonnier Broadcasting, part of Bonnier the Nordic region’s leading media company, has chosen Paywizard, the pay-TV subscription, billing and customer relationship management (CRM) specialist, to boost growth of its subscription-based over-the-top (OTT) television services.
Bonnier Broadcasting aims to significantly expand its OTT customer base through growth in video on demand (VOD) subscriptions, pay-per-view (PPV) TV and, in future, advertising-based VOD (AVOD) services. The company wanted to work with a provider that has the ability to support them to acquire, retain and grow their subscriber base. Paywizard’s subscription, billing and CRM platform, Paywizard Agile, integrates seamlessly with existing systems, whilst providing cutting-edge features and functionality such as the Decision Moments framework.
“We currently have a solution in place for subscribers to our C More and TV4 services using a combination of systems with minimal but functional CRM capabilities,” says Daniel Lindén, Bonnier Broadcasting’s Head of IS/IT. “Our in-house capabilities have reached their limit and we need to be able to meet new challenges in customer management, acquisition, growth and churn reduction.”
Bonnier Broadcasting wanted to create a single customer view (SCV) database to be able to draw on insight from all of its services. Paywizard’s Decision Moments framework uses this data to prompt proactive moves by Bonnier at critical points in the customer journey – such as a subscribers joining a service, discovering content, upgrading or downgrading their package, or cancelling a subscription.
“Bonnier Broadcasting needed to develop a modern, highly capable solution with a flexible architecture to manage current and future subscription and PPV growth,” Lindén notes. “We were looking for a partner that understood both how the marketplace is evolving, can meet our needs and ensures that we are able to provide the best engagement with our customers to maximise customer satisfaction and retain their loyalty. After reviewing Paywizard’s solution and expertise, and talking in depth to some customers, it was clear that Paywizard was the perfect fit for us.”
Paywizard will work with Bonnier Broadcasting to deploy and integrate solutions that offer:
- Flexibility in managing subscription-based business models covering AVOD, SVOD, PPV services, as well as product catalogues, bundling, pricing, discounts and entitlements;
- SCV encompassing all customer activity, behaviour and history, full integration of data systems covering multiple Decision Moments;
- Billing and revenue management that can provide secure and accurate billing, invoicing and credit control.
“Bonnier Broadcasting is looking for significant growth in subscribers and revenues, and the Paywizard Agile platform and the Decision Moments framework are perfect for achieving these goals,” says Bhavesh Vaghela,Paywizard’s Chief Executive. “These are exciting times for Bonnier broadcasting and we are really pleased that they have chosen Paywizard as the right partner for the next stage in the evolution of their broadcast business.”
T: +44 (0)20 7486 4900
Notes for Editors on ‘Decision Moments’
Decision Moments addresses the critical pay-TV subscriber engagement points most likely to evoke positive or negative emotional reactions and to impact relationships between operators and subscribers during the customer journey. The eight consumer Decision Moments identified by Paywizard and validated by independent research commissioned by the company are:
- ‘Find’: Deciding on a service to sign up to, that best suits the consumer’s content and cost requirements
- ‘Join’: The process of signing up, as easily and quickly as possible
- ‘Consume’: Seamless viewing of appealing content, at any time, location and on any device
- ‘Upgrade’: Flexibly upgrading your services package, as and when you like
- ‘Downgrade’: Flexibly downgrading your services package, when it suits
- ‘Bill’: Receiving accurate, clear and timely bills, using a favoured payment method
- ‘Leave’: Cancelling a subscription with as little hassle as possible
- ‘Win Back’: Re-joining a service again, at any time, without re-registering.
Keeping TV subscribers loyal is becoming harder and harder. The key is to use data to drive an appropriate action from the insight you have about each subscriber. Knowing when someone is going to churn is one thing, but understanding what action is best to retain the customer is another.
Paywizard’s Singula platform combines artificial intelligence with our award-winning Decision Moments framework and our 20 years’ experience in managing pay-TV & pay-per-view subscribers, to recommend the next best action for each and every one of your subscribers.
The result: increased customer acquisition, growth in ARPU and reduction in churn.
If you would rather not receive future communications from Platform for Paywizard, let us know by clicking here.
Platform for Paywizard, 83 Marylebone High Street First floor, London, London W1U 4QW United Kingdom
- Grass Valley and Broadcast Solutions Group Sign Multi-Million Enterprise Pricing Agreement - December 2, 2021
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner to break down the barriers to cloud migration with unique, fully-managed video service - December 2, 2021
- Net Insight delivers JPEG XS toNimbra media network customers - December 2, 2021