Position: Broadcast Engineer – San Francisco
Company: MLB Advanced Media
Location: San Francisco CA US
MLB’s broadcast engineers operate and maintain broadcast systems, including the latest in next generation multimedia technology. Broadcast engineers work in MLB’s state of the art transmission operation center, which is the nerve center and starting point for all video and audio transmissions before their signal is distributed.
The work we will based out of our new San Francisco office. Shift times will vary and in most cases will be 40 hours a week.
Typical work activities:
- Operations include provisioning, routing and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our facility.
- Managing assets, as well as setting up events for the following shifts.
- Completing a checklist, which includes setting up a series of A/V routes, updating several excel sheets, writing an end of shift technical report, and other required tasks.
- Analyzing and rectifying technical faults.
- Identifying and implementing alternative ways of meeting requirements to cover equipment failures, with minimum loss of service.
- Investigating new techniques and workflows.
- Handling and maintaining requests from outside departments and partners throughout their shift.
- Communicating effectively with own team and other project members.
- Requires a minimum two years of prior experience in broadcast engineering or similar field.
- Experience with PC and Mac Systems. Basic computer networking skills.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write notes in an organized manner.
- The ability to work well in a team atmosphere, with the ability to retain information at a rapid pace.
- Operational experiences in on-air switching, routing, master control, audio engineering, or live Internet streaming.
- Working knowledge of SD/HD TX/RX equipment and systems.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital audio systems.
- Experience in similar fast paced environments such as remote production trucks, data centers, or recording studios.
- Comprehensive knowledge of high definition and standard definition digital systems.
- Experience with Evertz, Grass Valley, Ross, and other leading manufacturers in routers, switchers and terminal gear.
- Knowledge of digital video and streaming encoders.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Senior Front End Developer (Angular 2+) – Contract-to-Hire - July 19, 2019
- Media Assistant - July 19, 2019
- Community Partner Coordinator - July 19, 2019