Brompton Technology, the industry leader in LED video processors for virtual production, broadcast, and live events, will be exhibiting at this year’s NAB Show in the North Hall, booth N7125. Brompton’s powerful Tessera processors unlock new levels of visual performance from LED panels, and innovative features in its accompanying Tessera software provide greater creative flexibility on set.
Brompton will be demonstrating its range of processors and features for virtual production with one full LED wall and two additional demo screens, all comprised of ROE Black Pearl BP2 panels. The main LED wall will be powered by Brompton’s Tessera SX40 and S8 processors and will highlight Brompton’s Frame Remapping—an industry-first feature that enables multiple cameras to shoot different content on the same LED screen simultaneously, thereby facilitating multi-camera shoots in virtual production.
Frame Remapping enables each camera to see and capture a uniquely rendered virtual background with the correct perspective, and can also allow two cameras to simultaneously capture a virtual background and a green screen. This gives creative teams the accurate light and shadows and believable interaction with on-screen content as afforded by virtual production, as well as the benefits of green screen, such as the freedom to add elements in post-production. While these processes used to require two separate shoots, Frame Remapping allows them to be combined all in one take.
Brompton will also be showcasing additional Tessera software features including:
- Live color grading on the LED wall with 3D LUT import and integrations with Pomfort Livegrade and Assimilate LiveLooks
- Previously unattainable levels of brightness and color saturation on LED panels with Dynamic Calibration
- Support for display of HDR content and for all common color spaces, including support for the ACEScg color gamut
- ShutterSync, which lets users tune the LED refresh to the camera (instead of the other way around) for the first time, giving control back to the cinematographer
- Operating Modes, enabling multiple configurations on the same panel to help filmmakers meet the unique needs of each production
- Support for on-screen camera tracking markers
“Our goal at Brompton is to develop virtual production solutions that meet filmmakers where they are, so that they can achieve their artistic visions without feeling limited or slowed down by the technology,” explained Sean Sheridan, Regional Technology Manager (Americas), Brompton Technology. “We’re thrilled to exhibit at NAB for the first time this year and to showcase the latest advancements in virtual production and LED processing hardware and software.”
See a full list of Brompton’s products and features at: www.bromptontech.com/
ABOUT BROMPTON TECHNOLOGY
Brompton Technology is an award-winning specialist manufacturer of video processing products for the film, TV, broadcast, and live events industries. Its Tessera system is the market-leading processing solution for LED video walls, used on everything from huge global world tours to pioneering virtual production and virtual studios.
Established in 2011, Brompton Technology is based in West London and is a spin-off from Carallon, a serial innovator in the entertainment technology space. Brompton is at the forefront of technology within the LED video sector, recently launching Dynamic Calibration, a revolutionary approach to LED panel calibration to achieve previously unattainable levels of panel performance. Product and feature designs come from years of industry and engineering experience, with a team dedicated to providing robust, reliable, exceptional service to its partners and end users. Brompton Technology is a globally known and respected brand within the LED video industry, winning a Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2020, and featured as one of the top 100 private technology companies in The Sunday Times Tech Track league table for the last three years running.
More information can be found at www.bromptontech.com.
- Live Czech Philharmonic Concert Productions Hit a High Note with Help from AJA Gear - February 22, 2024
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland ModernizesAV Workflows with AJA Gear - February 14, 2024
- AJA Welcomes John Miller as Vice President of Global Sales - February 6, 2024