Camera Operator / Editor
About the Job
Camera Operator / Editor – Fishing TV Show
The Position: We’re looking for a Camera Operator/Editor to handle on location filming around the Great Lakes region. As well as editing of weekly web series. The position would be on average two days of filming and one day of editing. You would be traveling to various locations filming fishing. In doing so you will need to:
Operate camera equipment
– Set up, test, and repack all audio and video equipment
– Follow and fill out filming checklist provided by show’s producer
– Edit weekly web series
– Troubleshoot any technical issues
– Provide any additional support
– Be responsible for the quality of your product
This position would start as part time with the possibility of moving to full time position.
– 1 year of experience capturing videos preferred, however open to someone looking to start a new career in the outdoor industry (outdoors i.e hunting/fishing, sports, concerts or theater preferred)
– Valid driver’s license and comfortable driving to location or to car pool area
– Able to work long days in a dynamic environment (boat, sun, waves, wind, etc)
– Must be able to be up and ready for work by 6 am. Sometimes earlier.
– Flexible schedule a must
– Able to lift up to 50 pounds
Travel expenses covered (Transportation [e.g. gas money], hotel [if applicable], food)
We will provide camera equipment.
Pay based on individual basis. Please send your current day rate.
Position Dates: On average 3 weekdays year round. Schedule can be adjusted to accommodate employee.
Position Location: Michigan.
Application Instructions: To apply please send a copy of your resume and if available any video work samples. Include what your day rate for filming would be.