Canon‘s flagship next generation Cinema EOS C700 camera has taken the industry by storm. For Canon, it is the next gen camera that cinematographers around the world have been waiting for. For Cannon, the new camera comes after five years of research out in the field talking with cinematographers and other camera professionals trying to determine exactly what they might be looking for in the future.
The features on the C700 are astonishing:
- Internal 4K ProRes and XF-AVC recording along with two sensor designs. It offers a 4.5K CMOS sensor with 15 stops of dynamic range and it will be offered in both the EF and PL mounts. There is also Canon‘s global shutter technology for when speed really counts.
- The C700 easily adapts to both handheld and studio configurations. There is an optional viewfinder available that is a 0.7 inch OLED Electronic Viewfinder (EVF-V70) which features view assist, surround view and false color as well as the viewfinder featuring Full HD 1920 x 1080 along with the EVF having the ability to display an HDR simulated picture with a “stretched” dynamic range.
- It comes with an optional Codex CDX-36150 that can be attached and will record either 10 bit or 12 bit 4K Raw up to 120 fps, 2K Raw up to 240 fps or ProRes 4K up to 60 fps. The EOS C700 also has two CFast 2.o card slots and one SD card slot. The camera is able to record XF-AVC and ProRes, and metadata, simultaneously to either of the cards.
Canon‘s Paul Hawxhurst talks with Broadcast Beat founder Ryan Salazar about the EOS C700
- XF-AVC records up to 59.94p in 4K onto the CFast media and can also record Apple ProRes. The EOS C700 also supports both Canon Log 2 and Canon Log 3 Gamma. The camera also comes with the option to output ST 2084 over the monitor port to help with HDR production. The optional EVF-V70 viewfinder allows for a ST 2084 simulation mode so that the operator will be easily able to see HDR visuals close to what is supplied on the monitor signal.
- The camera also supports Rec 2020, ACES, and features a next generation Dual Pixel CMOS AF and state of the art image processors and so much more.
There is no end to the cutting edge features of the EOS C700 camera. It is the state of the art and the future has arrived for the next generation in camera technological proficiency.
- NAB Show Will Offer Special Session Taking A Look The Development Of “Games Of Thrones” - April 14, 2017
- GLOOKAST Innovation Continues To Solve The Challenges Of Today’s Broadcast And Media Productions - April 12, 2017
- Samsung Displays Screen Technology At CinemaCon That Could Make Film Projectors Obsolete - March 30, 2017