We are seeking a Coordinator, Production for the Washington D.C area. This position functions as support to the entire department ( 1 Director, 1 Supervising Producer, 1 Senior Producer, 6 Producers and 1 Associate Producer), aiding in various tasks as needed including dubs, meeting coordination, footage and music research, screening programs for content, updating databases and trackers, and other general administrative and support tasks. This position coordinates with Production Management on the delivery of all materials, the new materials generated by internal reversions, and acquired materials from out-of-house productions. Another critical skill needed for this position is the ability to edit and author DVDs on one of the two Production Services Final Cut Pro systems. We receive an assortment of requests daily from internal partners to provide non-broadcast clip reels, presentation reels, sizzle reels and topic specific content compiled on DVD, for viewing outside in various settings. It is vital for the Production Coordinator to be proficient in Final Cut Pro and its periphery applications, (mpeg streamclip, toast titanium, compressor, etc.) in order to meets the demands of this position.
– Create Film Folders for projects in Channel Production Shared.
– Update Prism with Producers names as assigned to projects after release of monthly/quarterly schedule.
– Check that all clocks in Prism are correct for each new program, update as necessary.
– Give hands on support for all post & production projects.
– Work with Producers and Associate Producers to ensure all materials needed for projects are available and accessible.
– Submit duplication requests as necessary for Production Services staff and supply necessary sources for those dubs.
– Schedule meetings as needed for Production Services department. Examples; staff meetings, monthly scheduling meetings, script/content approval meetings with Director, Production Services.
– Order office supplies for Production Services department as necessary.
– Arrange couriers to and from NGC to post houses and other vendors as needed.
– Create clip reels for various non-broadcast needs as they arise. Examples; clip reels, presentation reels for Board Meet