ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
– Dub sound for air.
– Set up and monitor live shots.
– Take reporter feeds for air.
– Answer telephones and handle listener questions.
– Conduct beat checks and follow up on news tips.
– Provide general assistance to the news staff, particularly during breaking news coverage.
Required Qualifications Must be able to prioritize, handle deadline pressure, type 45+ words a minute.
Must be computer literate.
Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift.
Preferred Qualifications Radio production and/or journalism background strongly preferred.
Prior experience with digital audio editing strongly preferred.