NYC television production company seeks a Key Production Accountant to handle all aspects of finance, including managing the GL, A/P, A/R, cash management, cost reports, cash flows, payroll, financial reports, financial statement analysis, bank reconciliation and tax reporting on multiple shows. Strong knowledge of Vista, Movie Magic, Excel required and experience with corporate general ledgers a plus. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of television production, strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to prioritize jobs effectively within a fast-paced environment.
The applicant should have a minimum of five years experience as a key production accountant. A degree in accountancy or vocational qualifications in accounting would be a plus. A more detailed job description can be found below.
– Review Budgets and prepare cost reports and Cash flows.
– Set-up new shows with payroll company
– Track and prepare above the line payments
– Monitor and report on all show margins and company P+L. Provide analysis.
– Analyze, manage, and report on cash flows from accounts receivable and accounts payable.
– Manage the preparation of financial forecasts and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
– Work with the NY COO to maintain appropriate financial and operational controls.
– HR duties – code and track all employee benefits, ensure that the company policy and procedures are provided and explained to all employees
– Process payroll
– Possess knowledge of visas and immigration
– Maintain records of invoices and creditors’ payments.
– Keep records of all transactions
– Responsible for accounts payable, invoices, purchase orders, and petty cash.
– Process checks & wire transfers
– Maintain filing
– Audit petty cash envelopes.
– Prepare insurance claims.
– Responsible for bank and credit card reconciliations
– Prepare month-end and year end reports for corporate finance headquarters
- JVC Flexes Its Muscles For Strongman Competition Livestreams - November 22, 2021
- CONNECT ramps up its NMS SaaS offer with a new cloud-powered solution - November 18, 2021
- Chulalongkorn University Uses Blackmagic Design Workflow for Online and Streaming Classes - August 25, 2020