The Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) is home to all of The Walt Disney Company’s worldwide entertainment and news television properties. The Group includes the ABC Television Network (including ABC Daytime, ABC Entertainment Group and ABC News divisions); the Disney Channels Worldwide global kids’ TV business, ABC Family and SOAPnet; as well as television distribution divisions Disney ABC Domestic Television and Disney ABC ESPN Television. The Disney ABC Television Group also manages the Radio Disney Network, general interest and non-fiction book imprint Hyperion, as well the Company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks.
For a summary of our different business areas visit www.disneyabctv.com
The Disney ABC Television Group has multiple News Production internships based in New York, NY. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all related Fall opportunities.
Opportunities include but are not limited to:
Good Morning America
Interns at Good Morning America perform a variety of duties to assist in day-to-day operations including managing information flow. Interns are included on many editorial meetings and in all phases of production.
– Assist in show production and work in the field with producers
– Assist in live segments including audience coordination and as a runner
– General office needs including answering phones, sorting mail, etc.
World News with Diane Sawyer
This internship provides the qualified candidate hands-on experience in broadcast journalism. Interns will assist producers in the digital media center, crews on shoots and sit in on editing sessions. Interns also will have the opportunity to pitch stories and topics for future broadcasts.
– Logging/transcribing/digitizing tapes, feeding tapes to various bureaus; processing file video requests
– Assisting crews and reports on shoots and scouting field locations
– Supporting producers and editors, coordinating scripts
– Pitching/developing ideas, assisting with story planning, conducting research
– Sitting in on editing sessions
– Writing stories for ABCNews.com
ABC News Magazines – 20/20
ABC 20/20 is the prime time news magazine program featuring co-anchors Elizabeth Vargas and David Muir. 20/20 brings you hard-hitting investigative reports, newsmaker interviews and compelling human interest and feature stories. Interns will be assisting support staff and producers with all aspects of production.
– Booking, assisting with news breaking crashes, logging & transcribing
– Dubbing tapes, scanning photos & assisting on shoots
– Researching stories, ordering tapes & additional support functions
Interns are vital to the day-to-day operations of the production offices. Interns will assist producers on shoots, transcribing interviews and various administrative functions
– Helping with production tasks including logging, shooting and being on hand to aid during shoots
– Researching stories and helping produce daily MTVu segments
– Administrative tasks including answering phones and sorting emails
All students must be eligible to work in the US
-All students must be at least 18 years old
-All students must be enrolled at an accredited institution -or- be a recent graduate within the last six (6) months at internship start
-All students must be available to a minimum of 2 full work days per week (8 hours/day)
-All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
-Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Word and Outlook
- JVC Flexes Its Muscles For Strongman Competition Livestreams - November 22, 2021
- CONNECT ramps up its NMS SaaS offer with a new cloud-powered solution - November 18, 2021
- Chulalongkorn University Uses Blackmagic Design Workflow for Online and Streaming Classes - August 25, 2020