The Radio Production Assistant that will mainly operate the main studio board and work with staff production units in editing and cataloguing audio for our sports network broadcast.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
– Operates control board for talk shows and other radio programs as needed.
– Mostly handles screening and editing of actualities, interviews and game highlights for inclusion in show content and digital platforms.
– Occasionally assists in the preparation of editorial material for ESPN Deportes Radio on-air and/or online programming.
– Works with radio content staff or independently to compile background information and audio, for on-air talent and producers.
– A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a production role.
– Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required.
-Candidates must have good computer skills, Word, Excel.
– Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
– Bilingual language skills required – Spanish /English.
– Experience with Adobe Audition or comparable audio production technology preferred.
– Knowledge of soccer and major professional and college sports is essential.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– High School Diploma.