Fox NewsEdge seeks a freelance Production Assistant. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, mature, organized, self-starter, seeking a great opportunity to learn all of the aspects of news producing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Work closely with producers, writers and editors in the production of video intended for distribution to more than 150 national and international NewsEdge affiliates.
– Manage technical processes necessary for ingestion of video from various sources to the Fox News in-house video server.
– Handle affiliate requests by conducting archival searches and screening for potentially litigious material.
– Perform basic edits and prepare video for distribution via the Edge’s content distribution system.
– Opportunities for writing and more advanced producing functions, such as the process of story selection and the conduction and production of interviews.
– Positive attitude, strong work ethic, good communication skills and ability to multi-task.
– Ability to work with others under strict pressure to meet imposed deadlines.
– Bachelor’s degree (preferably in related field).
– Familiarity with basic newsroom functions and systems
– Basic knowledge of current events.
– Willingness to work overnight and weekend hours