Company removes security and cost barriers to entry for M&E firms wanting the benefits of object storage with no upfront cost
Caringo, a pioneering scale-out cloud & object storage platform company, today announced that it is offering free full-featured 100 TB Swarm licenses to qualified Media & Entertainment (M&E) firms that are struggling to store, manage and protect their ever-growing library of digital assets while keeping them securely accessible. Qualified firms include but are not limited to recording studios, content creation and post-production houses, broadcasters, and studios.
“IT execs in the M&E space are under extreme pressure to provide long-term accessible storage and instant search and delivery to customers and viewers,” said Adrian Herrera, Vice President of Marketing at Caringo. “The cloud isn’t a viable option for many because of security and cost concerns. The solution to this is using the same technology that powers major clouds—object storage, secure in their data center. With our announcement today, we are making it easy for qualified firms to get started by offering 100 terabytes of storage for free.”
The complimentary 100 TB license and integration consultation is immediately available to qualified M&E firms. Interested parties can visit www.caringo.com/MandE/ for more information.
Field-hardened, vetted and tested for over a decade to the highest standards of data integrity and reliability, Caringo Swarm serves as the foundation for securely accessible digital asset libraries and storage services for a wide range of government, telecommunications, education, corporate and entertainment organizations including the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, BT, iQ Media, Johns Hopkins University, British Telecom, NEP and hundreds more worldwide. Swarm installs on any mix of standard storage hardware, transforming it into a limitless and seamless pool of storage resources with asset protection, lifecycle management, search and security built in.
The result is a solution that easily integrates into media production and post, distribution and archive workflows, delivering up to a 75% reduction in storage TCO through unique hardware, operational and workflow efficiencies including:
- Industry-leading hardware and server utilization for your content. Use up to 95% of hard drive space and 100% of drive bays for digital assets.
- The ability to automatically add performance or capacity in 90 seconds and continuously upgrade hardware without downtime or disruption to asset accessibility.
- Swarm takes care of load balancing on the fly.
- Node failure resistant design, self healing.
- Automated policy-based protection to optimize for rapid access or data center footprint delivering enterprise-grade durability while defending against ransomware attacks.
- MD5 verification is continuous, not only when files are Read
- Cross-platform collaboration and access enabled by Write/Read/Edit via HTTP, S3 or NFS interchangeably (natively implemented).
- Files written via NFS, HTTP, S3, are all accessible immediately via any of the other protocols.
- Rapid asset retrieval and instant delivery via integrated search with the ability to add custom metadata.
- Elastic Search inventories for all objects and metadata makes Swarm very fast.
Caringo Swarm is the ideal solution for M&E firms looking to balance the industry expectations that storage should be free and assets should be immediately accessible from any device.
Caringo for M&E: www.caringo.com/MandE/
- Vivaro Media Selected as the Official Broadcast Distribution Partnerfor the CIC Mont Ventoux Professional Cycling Race - May 30, 2023
- Axle AI launches AI-powered MAM for OpenDrives storage platform at NAB - April 18, 2023
- Matrox Blueprints Next-Generation On-Premises and Cloud-Based Live Production Workflows at IBC 2022 - September 9, 2022