Company removes security and cost barriers to entry for M&E firms wanting the benefits of object storage with no upfront cost
Caringo, a pioneering scale-out cloud & object storage platform company, today announced that it is offering free full-featured 100 TB Swarm licenses to qualified Media & Entertainment (M&E) firms that are struggling to store, manage and protect their ever-growing library of digital assets while keeping them securely accessible. Qualified firms include but are not limited to recording studios, content creation and post-production houses, broadcasters, and studios.
“IT execs in the M&E space are under extreme pressure to provide long-term accessible storage and instant search and delivery to customers and viewers,” said Adrian Herrera, Vice President of Marketing at Caringo. “The cloud isn’t a viable option for many because of security and cost concerns. The solution to this is using the same technology that powers major clouds—object storage, secure in their data center. With our announcement today, we are making it easy for qualified firms to get started by offering 100 terabytes of storage for free.”
The complimentary 100 TB license and integration consultation is immediately available to qualified M&E firms. Interested parties can visit www.caringo.com/MandE/ for more information.
Field-hardened, vetted and tested for over a decade to the highest standards of data integrity and reliability, Caringo Swarm serves as the foundation for securely accessible digital asset libraries and storage services for a wide range of government, telecommunications, education, corporate and entertainment organizations including the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, BT, iQ Media, Johns Hopkins University, British Telecom, NEP and hundreds more worldwide. Swarm installs on any mix of standard storage hardware, transforming it into a limitless and seamless pool of storage resources with asset protection, lifecycle management, search and security built in.
The result is a solution that easily integrates into media production and post, distribution and archive workflows, delivering up to a 75% reduction in storage TCO through unique hardware, operational and workflow efficiencies including:
- Industry-leading hardware and server utilization for your content. Use up to 95% of hard drive space and 100% of drive bays for digital assets.
- The ability to automatically add performance or capacity in 90 seconds and continuously upgrade hardware without downtime or disruption to asset accessibility.
- Swarm takes care of load balancing on the fly.
- Node failure resistant design, self healing.
- Automated policy-based protection to optimize for rapid access or data center footprint delivering enterprise-grade durability while defending against ransomware attacks.
- MD5 verification is continuous, not only when files are Read
- Cross-platform collaboration and access enabled by Write/Read/Edit via HTTP, S3 or NFS interchangeably (natively implemented).
- Files written via NFS, HTTP, S3, are all accessible immediately via any of the other protocols.
- Rapid asset retrieval and instant delivery via integrated search with the ability to add custom metadata.
- Elastic Search inventories for all objects and metadata makes Swarm very fast.
Caringo Swarm is the ideal solution for M&E firms looking to balance the industry expectations that storage should be free and assets should be immediately accessible from any device.
Caringo for M&E: www.caringo.com/MandE/
His agencies’ services, for over two decades, have helped garner early stage and growth companies significant brand exposure, resulting in either acquisition or IPO, with a total valuation of over $2.0 Billion.
Mr. Chan is a serial entrepreneur, philanthropist, author and angel investor. He played key executive roles early on in helping to usher in both digital audio and digital video technologies for the recording, broadcast and post production industries. His expansive background spans over three decades in ever increasing executive roles in operations, business development, engineering and sales/marketing in the information technology, media & entertainment, storage and networking, and other related high technology industries. He is an active mentor and senior advisor to many established and start-up companies, a market/technology analyst, and has over two decades of experience in brand development, management consulting / company turnarounds, creative advertising and public relations.
A graduate of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Mr. Chan is celebrating his 12th year as a board member of the Fullerton College Foundation, 16th year as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence and mentor for the Small Business Institute at California State University Fullerton and incubators. Additionally, he is a volunteer member of DECA (Delta Epsilon Chi and Distributive Education Clubs of America); an advisor to the College of Engineering's Global Waste Research Institute, incubator mentor, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo and a member of the President’s Green and Gold Society. Passionate about hospice care, he was the past Board President for the Healing Hearts Association; and is a regularly featured speaker at many MBA and Doctorate level lectures around the country. He has presented and published over 30 papers worldwide, is a book co-author, an editorial board member for the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, Senior Editor for Broadcast Beat Magazine, past Senior Editor for Computer Technology Review, and is a regularly featured Contributing Editor to many US and international trade publications for over 30 years.
View Cognitive Impact services at www.cognitiveimpact.com. Curtis can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org; Office: (714) 447-4993 or email@example.com.
Latest posts by Curtis Chan (see all)
- KHQ-TV Supercharges Digital Video with FUEL, Bitcentral’s Linear on Demand Streaming Solution - October 17, 2018
- AES New York Convention Special Events Bring the Biggest Names in Audio for Exclusive Interviews and Events - October 15, 2018
- Silicon Valley Veteran Morgan Littlewood Joins iXsystems as Senior Vice President, Product Management and Business Development - October 15, 2018