April 10, 2019
CCNP and MediaKind expand partnership to enable HD Digital Terrestrial Distribution to over 30 million viewers across Colombia
- CCNP (Consorcio Canales Nacionales Privados) and MediaKind, through local Business Partner Balum S.A. announce an agreement to provide digital terrestrial distribution of the main Colombian private channels to over 30 million viewers across Colombia
- Scope of the project includes MediaKind’s Aquila direct to consumer solution, including the AVP4000 video encoder, RX8200 and RX8330 decoders, and associated Professional Services and Local support via our partner Balum.
- The deployment will enable the distribution of high quality video content across multiple cities to over 7.5 million households
MediaKind, a global media technology leader, announces that CCNP (Consorcio Canales Nacionales Privados) has chosen MediaKind’s Aquila direct to consumer solution to provide best in class Live Encoding and ultimate picture quality on CCNP’s national feed for digital distribution services to consumers across Colombia.
The implementation of Aquila combines MediaKind’s video processing system, AVP4000, and video decoders, RX8200 and RX8330, as well as associated professional services and local support led by Balum.
Clayton Cruz, Senior Vice President, Latin America, MediaKind, says: “We are excited about the opportunity to bring our Aquila direct to consumer experience solution to CCNP’s consumers across Colombia. Our partnership with CCNP will enable these consumers to obtain better HD resolution experience across multiple cities, to over 30 million viewers nationally, fortifying our marketshare in DTT segment.”
For more information on Aquila visit www.mediakind.com/aquila.
About MediaKind at NAB Show
At NAB Show 2019, MediaKind (SU720) will show how it is enabling content owners, broadcasters and service providers to evolve, adapt and shift to new and dynamic workflows with its portfolio of next generation solutions and services. During the show it will present the MediaKind Universe, a solution and service portfolio with industry renowned breadth and depth. Just as the consumer is positioned firmly at the center of today’s media universe, encircled by choice, the MediaKind Universe responds in kind, enabling content owners & originators, broadcasters and pay TV operators service providers to efficiently deliver unique, immersive experiences. For further information please visit here.
We are MediaKind, a global leader of media technology and services, established as a joint venture between One Equity Partners and Ericsson. Our mission is to be the first choice among service providers, operators, content owners and broadcasters looking to deliver immersive media experiences. Drawing on our longstanding industry heritage, we are driving next-generation live and on-demand, mobile and multiscreen media experiences for everyone, everywhere. Our end-to-end portfolio of media solutions include Emmy award-winning video compression solutions for contribution and direct-to-consumer video service distribution; advertising and content personalization solutions; high efficiency cloud DVR; and TV and video delivery platforms.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Grass Valley Underlines Position as the Frontrunner in Innovation with Award Wins at NAB Show 2019 - April 18, 2019
- ACCESS Acquires NetRange MMH GmbH to Create Next-Gen Connected In-Car and Home Entertainment Solutions - April 16, 2019
- Make.TV teams up with Mixer to create ‘battle royale’ live gaming events across the U.S. - April 16, 2019