Submissions are now being accepted for the 60th Annual Cinema Audio Society (CAS) Awards at www.cinemaaudiosociety.com. All entries must be received by 5 p.m. PT on Thursday, November 30, 2023. Additionally, applications for the CAS Student Recognition Award are due by 5 p.m. PT on Monday, November 13, 2023.
The CAS Award nominees are uniquely chosen by sound mixers, recognizing excellence in the craft of sound mixing for film and television. This year’s awards ceremony also marks the event’s return to the Beverly Hilton—the storied home of numerous awards ceremonies and parties—on Saturday, March 2, 2024, the first time in 25 years.
Multi-award winning sound mixer Joe Earle CAS (American Horror Story, Six Feet Under), will be honored with the CAS Career Achievement Award. The CAS Filmmaker of the Year honoree for 2024 will be announced later this year.
Detailed information about the 60th CAS Awards, including this year’s updated entry and promotional rules, can be found at www.cinemaaudiosociety.com. For more awards questions, email [email protected] or contact the CAS Awards line at (818) 752-8624.
60th CAS Awards Timeline
- Entry Submissions due Online – 5 p.m. PT, Nov. 30, 2023
- Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online – Dec. 19, 2023
- Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online – 5 p.m. PT, Jan. 2, 2024
- Final Nominees in each category announced – Jan. 9, 2024
- Nominee listing error and omission deadline – Jan. 19, 2024
- Final Voting Begins Online – Feb. 8, 2024
- Final Voting Ends Online – 5 p.m. PT, Feb. 20, 2024
- 60th Annual CAS Awards – March 2nd, 2024
2023 Student Recognition Award (SRA) Timeline
- Entry Applications due Online by 5:00 pm PT, Nov. 13, 2023 (Partial or incomplete applications at the time of closing will not be considered)
- Final 5 Nominees for the Student Recognition Award will be announced on the CAS Website on Dec. 12, 2023
- The winner will be announced at the 60th CAS Awards on March 2, 2024.
About the CAS Awards:
The 60th CAS Awards will honor Outstanding Achievements in Sound Mixing in seven categories: Motion Pictures – Live Action, Motion Pictures – Animated, Motion Pictures – Documentary, Non-Theatrical Motion Pictures or Limited Series, Television Series – One Hour, Television Series – Half Hour and Television Non-Fiction, Variety or Music – Series or Specials. The CAS Student Recognition Award will also be presented. The CAS Filmmaker Honoree will be announced later in the year. Visit here for the full CAS Awards timeline.
About the Cinema Audio Society:
Formed in 1964, The Cinema Audio Society is dedicated to sharing information with and about sound mixers in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public, motion picture and television industries that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture and television industry with a progressive society of master craftspeople who specialize in the art of cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording through the exchange of ideas, methods and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftspersonship among our members; to aid the motion picture and television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve deserved recognition for our members, who are industry leaders and major contributors in the field of motion picture and television entertainment. Visit www.cinemaaudiosociety.org for more information.