LONDON—The Colorist Society (CSI) and the International Colorist Academy (iColorist) have finalized plans for their virtual, end-of-year Colorist Mixer 2021 Wrap Party to be held on Saturday, December 4, 2021 from 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM CET. The event will feature 20 speakers and panelists from around the world, as well as giveaways and prizes from sponsors Abelcine, Dell, Dolby, Flanders Scientific (FSI), fxphd, Maxon, Mixing Light, Colorfront, and SGO valued at $18,000. Registration is just $10 and available at coloristmixer.com/.
Highlights of the event include a Best Grade Competition with the winner receiving a 12-month subscription to SGO Mistika Boutique Professional Immersive Edition, worth $3,365. To enter, participants must download raw footage here, apply their best grade and share the results on Instagram or Facebook, tagging @ColoristMixer. The winner will be selected by a panel of color experts and announced during the Wrap Party.
Other prizes include:
- One Case of six bottles of Veuve Clicquot and Streaming Software only version from Colorfront
- $1500 gift certificate for AbelCine training classes
- NVIDIA Shield 4K HDR Android TV box from Dell
- $1000 FSI gift certificate
- fxphd Resolve MegaPack pack with Warren Eagles
- fxphd Introduction to HDR course with Kevin Shaw
- Six-month membership to fxphd
- 1 year subscription to Red Giant Complete from Maxon
- Two 1-Year Premium Memberships from Mixing Light
- Four Micro convertors bidirectional SDI/HDMI 3G from CSI
- DaVinci Resolve editor keyboard from CSI
- Ultra Studio monitor 3G from CSI
- Decklink SDi 4k from CSI
- Two Dolby Vision Training/Certification spots
Speakers and Panels include:
Fast Tips (sponsored by Dell): iColorist Trainers Jeff Greenberg and Warren Eagles will share their best grading tricks.
1 Shot, 4 Ways (sponsored by SGO): Four top colorists, Blake Jones, Juan Cabrera, Natalia Mercado and
Andy Minuth, grade the same shot live and judge audience submitted grades.
Colorist Shane Reed On Dolby Vision for Netflix & HBO Max (sponsored by Dolby): Dolby interviews Shane Reed about grading in HDR and working on Chef’s Table, Street Food of Asia, HACKS and Night Stalker.
Colorful Cocktails (sponsored by Mixing Light): Alexis Van Hurkman reprises his much-loved mixology session with his favorite drinks of 2021. Shake, shake, shake!
Backwards & Forwards: Tech & Industry Developments in 2021 & 2022: (sponsored by FSI) Colorists Warren Eagles, Kevin Shaw, Alexis Van Hurkman and Maximus Raharjo discuss the big changes of 2021 and their predictions for 2022.
What’s new in Digital Cinema? (sponsored by Abelcine): What colorists need to know about cameras and the latest in digital cinema, with Geoff Smith and guest.
The Big Interview (sponsored by Colorfront): Hollywood colorists Cullen Kelly and Toby Tomkins talk about their careers, grading jobs and advice.
Quiz, Social and Breakout Rooms (sponsored by Maxon and fxphd).
Other speakers include Luke Cameron, Patrick Inhofer, Adrian Gonzalez, and Diego Yhama.
About the Colorist Society
Colorist Mixer is a Colorist Society (CSI) event. CSI primarily funds Colorist Mixers, with support from sponsors. CSI is a not-for-profit organization set up for the benefit of the colorist community.
Colorist Society (CSI) is the first professional society devoted exclusively to furthering and honoring the professional achievements of colorists. It is an educational and cultural resource to the colorist community, the entertainment industry and the public. Membership is open to professional colorists, DITs, telecine operators, color timers, finishers, restoration artists and color scientists. CSI hosts regular meetings as chapters worldwide. It also is a regular participant in industry trade shows and other events. The organization is currently planning an awards competition to honor outstanding achievement to the art and science of color grading.
iColorist (International Colorist Academy) is the original and most prominent professional training organization in the post industry, founded to help colorists across the world advance the craft. It exists to preserve and pass on decades of hard-earned industry knowledge and share innovations – across the art, science, and business of color. It has helped over 10,000 students of all levels advance their skills – its highly qualified instructors have over 200 years of color grading and color science experience.
- Patton Oswalt to Host the 71st Annual MPSE Golden Reel Awards - November 27, 2023
- “The Equalizer 3”: Veteran Sound Team from Sony Pictures Post Production Services Helps Bring the Saga of Robert McCall to a Thrilling Conclusion - November 21, 2023
- Motion Picture Sound Editors to Honor FX’s “Justified: City Primeval” Producer Michael Dinner with Filmmaker Award - November 21, 2023