Position: Component Level Software Test Engineer on Leidos Prime Contract!
Location: Annapolis Junction MD US
At Leidos, we take responsibility for improving the quality of life of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. Our commitment extends beyond the contributions we make to solve Mission-Critical Problems; it directly impacts the people involved.
This unique component level test engineer opportunity will allow you to participate on a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides software design, development, and component testing to an important customer in the cyber arena. More specifically, it has been the development contract for a major systems acquisition program within the one of the DoD’s premier Cyberwarfare organizations to modernize the infrastructure used for managing its mission. This group of elite Cyberwarriors is now focused on developing the next generation of cutting-edge Computer Network Operations (CNO) mission management capabilities.
In support of component level testing the selected candidate will join a small team in supporting software/hardware test activities prior to operational deployment with the use of various tools. The system will utilize a variety of COTS products to conduct the tests.
- Perform component, product, service-level software testing per User Stories/Backlog items for an Agile Scrum development team
- Write Test Plans, Test Procedures, and End-of-Test Reports (EOTRs), for testing UI Components and back-end Service, for multiple software products (components) on a monthly delivery schedule
- Participate in daily SCRUM stand-ups with the ADT team(s) to gain understanding of the Requirements and Test Task for SPRINT Release, and how to test them
- Write automated Groovy Test Scripts using the SOAPUI tool for regression testing of Back-end Services
- Write defects in the Version One tool for any DRs found in testing
- Interface and communication effective with Software Engineers, System Engineers, and other Project team members
- Utilize Agile Scrum methodology
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in test engineering of modern software Applications, Components, Products, and Services
- Proficient in the development and implementation of test strategies, test plans, test procedures, and reports
- Four (4) years of requirements analysis experience
- Knowledge of automated software test tools to including SOAP UI / SOAP UI Pro
- Excellent Writing and Communication skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The companys diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.