BC Expo, Amsterdam, September 13th, 2014: Conax, part of the Kudelski Group and provider of total service protection for content service providers, content owners and entertainment services, made two major announcements at IBC Expo. The content security provider has announced that is has further strengthened its flagship Conax Contego™ security hub and OTT portfolio and is introducing a completely modular product deployment and pricing strategy. The benchmark modular approach to building a content security platform and hybrid multiscreen offerings provides low initial investment, enabling operators to buy what they need and pay as they grow their business – also providing low risk entry to deploying advanced multiscreen and OTT services.
In addition, Conax announced that it intends to offer complimentary product offerings, leveraging the opportunities within the Kudelski Group product portfolio by adding support for solutions within the group.
“As a part of the Kudelski Group, Conax belongs to a winning constellation of highly successful companies serving the same dynamic industry. We now have access to additional tools for enabling rapid deployment of new additional product and partner solutions. This is a key message for our customers,” said Morten Solbakken, President and CEO of Conax,
The Kudelski Group offers a solid base of complementary market-leading technologies creating additional options for our respective customers.” Immediate enrichments of the Conax portfolio include:
· Adding to our portfolio support for studio-approved NAGRA anyCAST PRM to Conax Contego™’s multi-DRM backend
· Adding integration and support for NOCS3, NAGRA On-Chip Security, widely deployed by the leading DTV silicon providers, to the Conax portfolio
· Enriching the Conax’ Connected Home offering together with NAGRA’s JoinIn reference architecture for in-home sharing of pay-TV services
· Adding OpenTV 5 connectware to our portfolio of middleware partners.
· Announced on September 11th, Kudelski Group company, SmarDTV, has introduced a new range of innovative CI+ modules which further enriches Conax’ solutions suite with an additional new range of devices enabling hybrid broadcast and Internet TV services
Conax enabling operators’ multiscreen growth strategy through modular solutions
-“Feedback from the market indicates that traditional broadcasters are struggling to find the right way to monetize OTT and are reluctant to commit to large upfront investments for a complete OTT platform without a clear business plan for return on investment. As a result, we have further evolved the deployment modularity for our pre-integrated solutions and flagship security back-end.”
Conax’ new modular product and solutions portfolio will provide the ultimate flexibility pay-TV requires for deploying and monetizing on secure OTT services, enabling operators to buy what they need as they grow their business:
1) Pick your service offering – Conax’ products and solutions enables an operator to cherry-pick from a wide range of features and services to be supported, including Live-TV, Start Over, Catch-Up, nPVR and Video on Demand, and integrate these with the broadcast offering to create a unified user experience.
2) Choose your device platforms – Conax delivers security clients, with or without smart cards, for all the major viewing platforms in the market, including STBs, CAMs, iOS tablet/smartphone, Android tablet/smartphone, PC, MAC and smart TVs. The operator can freely choose which platforms to be supported, and expand their reach as they see fit.
3) Select your security – Conax products and solutions can be deployed with a selection of security clients covering every operator’s security need. This includes smart cards, Cardless, Conax Hardened PlayReady and Conax OTT Access™.
4) Pay as you grow – Conax pricing strategy enables an operator to start a small operation with limited initial investment and then incrementally add support for higher subscriber volumes as they grow.
In addition to a new and modular Conax Xtend Multiscreen™, the content security provider featuring its new Conax GO Live™ solution. Conax GO Live™ is entry level OTT solution for streaming Live channels to tablets and smartphones and offers operators the first risk free step for launching OTT services.
For more information about Conax’ new modular solutions, stop by the Conax stand 1.D69 at IBC or contact Conax at [email protected]
A part of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD:S), Conaxis a leading global specialist around the total service protection for digital TV services over broadcast, broadband and connected devices. Conax provides telcos, cable, satellite, IP, mobile and terrestrial and broadband operations with the innovative, flagship Conax Contego™ family of flexible and cost-efficient solutions to deliver premium content securely and positioning to capture new market segments. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, ISO 9001 & 27001 certifiedConax technology enables secure content revenues for 390 operators in 85 countries globally. For more information, please visit www.conax.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Conax media contact
Head of Public Relations & Communications, Conax
Mob: +47 41 45 80 43
Email: [email protected]
- JVC Flexes Its Muscles For Strongman Competition Livestreams - November 22, 2021
- CONNECT ramps up its NMS SaaS offer with a new cloud-powered solution - November 18, 2021
- Chulalongkorn University Uses Blackmagic Design Workflow for Online and Streaming Classes - August 25, 2020