Position: Converged Compute Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Location: Santa Clara CA US
We are now hiring a Converged Compute Infrastructure Systems Engineer:
As a member of our Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the automation of the existing computing CPU farm and prototyping and development of the new modern converged computing infrastructure. This role offers you an excellent opportunity to jump start your career by gaining new skills and working in a rapidly growing field while solving exciting compute problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will identify and propose new effort saving automations for the distributed CPU and GPU computing clusters
- Improve root cause analysis and corrective action for problems large and small – identify patterns and propose how we can automate repetitive tasks.
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve computing farm performance
What we need to see:
- MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or a Bachelors degree with 2 years of additional meaningful / equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience on Linux systems compute cluster or farm
- Experience with system administration of Linux servers (CentOS/RHEL and Ubuntu preferred)
- Strong systems API development – Python or Perl preferred
- Knowledge about Linux infrastructure monitoring and alerting
- Working knowledge of configuration management – Salt, Ansible, Puppet
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with License management software – RTDA, Flexera, IBM LS
- Experience with at least one of the job schedulers such as LSF, SLURM, Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Advanced knowledge of the virtualization and imaging – VmWare
- Experience with solving Linux system level problems
- Previous experience at the large scale data center – 1000+ nodes
- Experience with containers – Docker, Clear Containers, rkt
For two decades, we have pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU – the engine of modern visual computing – the field has expanded to encompass video games, movie production, product design, medical diagnosis and scientific research.
Today, we stand at the beginning of the next era, the AI computing era, ignited by a new computing model, GPU deep learning. This new model – where deep neural networks are trained to recognize patterns from massive amounts of data – has shown to be deeply effective at solving some of the most complex problems in everyday life.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers and in this role you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world. Are you creative, driven and autonomous? Do you love a challenge? If so, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.