Stakeholders Invited to Join Leaders from Miami-Dade County Public Schools, Microsoft, and the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation on April 9th at 1:30pm ET for Open Conversation About Continuity of Learning
On April 9 at 1:30pm ET, Discovery Education, a global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, will convene a virtual discussion between corporate and education leaders on the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the US education system. A full agenda and registration information can be found here.
This unique conversation will be moderated by US Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Senior Vice President Marc DeCourcey and will include Miami-Dade County Public Schools Superintendent Alberto M. Carvalho, Microsoft’s General Manager of Education Dan Ayoub, and Discovery Education’s Chief Product Officer Pete Weir. Among the topics this panel will cover are:
- How K-12 schools are meeting the challenge of these unprecedented circumstances
- How the Miami-Dade County Public Schools built a world-class virtual learning program
- The move from traditional in-person teaching to virtual learning
- The unique opportunities for corporate America to step up and support schools during this rapidly evolving crisis
- Examples of meaningful corporate responses that are building long-term, substantive solutions supporting education beyond this health crisis
“As a global company serving 45 million students across 140 countries , we, like many of our partners have heard firsthand the array of challenges COVID-19 has placed in the way of educators, families, and communities alike,” said Lori McFarling, President of Corporate Education Partnerships at Discovery Education. “The unnatural disaster of this pandemic highlights the importance of collaboration and partnerships. We look forward to this industry convening, as we believe it will be the catalyst to grow the network of resources, support systems, and communication channels needed to effectively serve the millions of students and educators impacted by COVID-19.”
Attendees are invited to submit their questions to the panel as part of the registration process.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, Discovery Education is offering schools and school systems not currently using the company’s digital services free access to Discovery Education Experience. Schools accepting this offer will have access to Discovery Education’s dynamic K-12 learning platform and its ready-to-use digital lesson plans, activities, and standards-aligned resources through the remainder of the school year. In addition, Discovery Education is offering a suite of no cost resources for parents and caregivers called Daily DE that can be used at home. For more information, visit Discovery Education’s comprehensive Virtual Learning resource website dedicated to helping educators adapt their instruction to meet today’s needs.
- Take 1 Improves Resource Scheduling with Xytech’s MediaPulse - August 6, 2020
- Corporate and Education Leaders to Discuss the Impact of COVID-19 on Education During Virtual Convening Hosted by Discovery Education - April 6, 2020
- VDX.tv Launches a Global Digital Video PSA Initiative to Inform the Public About COVID-19 - April 2, 2020