Creative Services Director
About the job
Leads the on-air marketing, promotion, creative development and execution of Cascade Public Media’s brand strategies.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and executes the TV promotion strategy for interstitial time (the break time between programs) on KCTS 9, KCTS 9 Yakima and Create channel.
2. Supervises media producers, assigns and oversees weekly episodic, image and brand positioning productions.
3. Collaborates with development (sales) and programming departments to strategically plan for their media marketing needs.
4. Leads the production execution for on-air pledge program content in collaboration with the pledge programmer.
5. Produces sales, marketing, station promotion and brand stories for use on Cascade Public Media sites, in social media and event presentations.
6. Supervises production crew members.
7. Supervises creative ideation, scripting, storytelling, production schedules and approval process.
8. Maintains weekly, monthly and annual on-air marketing calendars for all promo strategies, including setting priorities and balancing on-air weight between promo campaigns and membership campaigns.
9. Develops and maintains relationships with a network of independent producers, photographers, content creators and editors.
II. Marketing Production
1. Ensures productions meet brand and editorial standards and are completed on time and on budget
2. Creative lead for all on-air marketing
3. Writes scripts and oversees scripting writing
4. Determines editorial composition and flow of pledge programs
5. Oversees visual graphic requests and processes for all creative
6. Directs broadcast schedules and flights for all on-air promo plans.
7. Negotiates and maintains contracts with external production partners
8. Oversees outside voice talent contracts under the direction of the SVP.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
1. BA/BS in marketing, communications, advertising or equivalent experience
2. Minimum five years of experience in broadcast production, developing and managing on-air content and/or marketing campaigns. Experience with television pledge production a plus.
3. Five years of experience as a writer/producer
4. Editing experience required. Familiarity with AVID systems and Adobe AfterEffects desired.
5. Experience developing and presenting annual strategic marketing plans
6. Experience negotiating agreements and managing project budgets
7. Experience leading and managing production and creative teams
8. Maintains a network of independent contractors throughout the northwest region
9. Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Washington State drivers license
10. Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time
11. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
12. Ability to regularly type on a keyboard
13. Ability to work a varied schedule on occasion, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays