Flicker Free 2.0 Clocks 300%+ Speed Increase with GPU Acceleration
San Francisco, CA (October 16, 2020) – Digital Anarchy (www.digitalanarchy.com) today announced the release of Flicker Free version 2.0, Digital Anarchy’s powerful tool for deflickering video and fixing common flicker issues in video footage caused by lights and cameras being out of sync, drone footage, time lapses and slow motion video. With the release of Flicker Free v2.0, Digital Anarchy is introducing dramatic GPU-accelerated performance gains of more than 300% over the previous version.
Additionally, the new Flicker Free v2.0 introduces greatly enhanced motion detection which uses optical flow algorithms to detect and delineate independently moving objects, even in the presence of camera motion. For shots with a moving camera or a lot of movement in the video, these integrated motion-estimation algorithms are highly effective for repairing poor quality video or footage that was previously unfixable.
Flicker Free 2.0 supports NVIDIA’s CUDA and OpenCL (AMD), with Metal (Apple) support coming soon in a free upgrade. For HD footage the average speed increase is over 300%. However, for 4K footage the average improvement in speed is almost 1000%, with 1500% increases using newer cards like NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and Quadro RTX 4000 GPUs.
- New Motion Compensation algorithm that uses optical flow to fix handheld footage or footage with moving subjects.
- GPU support that increases performance by up to 1500% on 4K footage.
- More robust de-flicker algorithm that fixes issues like rolling bands even better than 1.0.
- Additional presets to make it easier and faster to find the right settings for flicker removal
Flicker Free works with many video editing applications, including Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Davinci Resolve or VEGAS Pro.
Pricing and Availability
Flicker Free v2.0 is available immediately and is priced at $149.00 USD. The upgrade price for existing Flicker Free customers is $89.00 USD. For more information, download a free demo or to purchase Flicker Free 2.0, please visit digitalanarchy.com/Flicker/main.html.
About Digital Anarchy
Digital Anarchy is a privately owned company in San Francisco, CA that creates smart image enhancement software for video editors, broadcast designers, and photographers.
Digital Anarchy is also forging an exciting new direction of intelligent transcript, collaboration, and search tools that enhance video production. With the introduction of the Transcriptive Suite, the Company is realizing its strategy to deliver a fully-integrated product family that uses Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and metadata to automate and simplify video production workflow.
- VEGAS Creative Software Extends Content Creation Expertise toLive Streaming with Launch of VEGAS Stream - March 1, 2021
- Digital Anarchy New Flicker Free 2.0 Adds Massive Performance Gains, Intelligent Motion Detection To Deflicker Video - October 16, 2020
- VEGAS Creative Software Launches VEGAS Pro 18; Unveils Extensive Plans for Cloud-Based Media Management and Collaborative Workflows - August 6, 2020