Position: Digital Content Manager
Company: State of Colorado Job Opportunities
Location: Denver CO US
If you are considering a career opportunity with the goal of making a difference, consider joining the dedicated people at History Colorado. Our professionals inspire generations to find wonder and meaning in our past and to engage in creating a better Colorado. The History Colorado Center is a location convenient to downtown shopping, restaurants, and cultural facilities in the Golden Triangle district. In addition to a great location and rewarding, meaningful work, we offer:
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including a PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Employer supplemented Health Savings Account
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Discounted RTD EcoPass (Denver Metro locations)
- BenefitHub state employee discount program
- CafeWell employee wellness program
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules and more
HISTORY COLORADO has a strong commitment to diversity and cultural competence. We welcome responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Description of Job
The Marketing and Communications team is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Digital Content Manager with experience and excellent skills in social media design and implementation, digital media marketing, web content management, writing and editing, graphic design, SEM and overall project management. The Digital Content Manager will focus on developing and managing the overall online and digital marketing strategy in order to provide the best online experience for our visitors through our websites, and to reach new audiences through social media interaction.
The Digital Content Manager will provide vision and supervision for History Colorado’s online presence by conceptualizing, articulating, and executing integrated digital communications strategies. The manager is responsible for integrating the disciplines of branding, social media, mobile marketing, website, SEO, strategic technology development, and research as it relates to social, mobile, and any new digital platforms. Through the ongoing adoption of new media technologies, the manager will develop and implement web and online communications in support of History Colorado’s brand and strategic plan goals of audience engagement, stewardship of collections, and long-term sustainability. Charged with creating and implementing a work plan for interactive media, the manager will:
- Manage the organization’s online presence, effectively working with key team members, stakeholders, and consultant vendors.
- Develop concept, design, and content for major website projects, blogs, micro-sites, and other special online projects.
- Design and execute social and interactive media campaigns.
- Work in collaboration with communications and other colleagues to develop feature story ideas (editorial, video, and/or photographic) for the online environment.
- Develop strategic plans for digital projects and contribute a digital component to all broader marketing plans.
- Provide training and manage processes to ensure style, voice, accuracy, and brand identity across all digital platforms.
- Align online strategies and projects with History Colorado’s overall mission, goals, and priorities through strong leadership and collaboration with the Digital Media Committee.
- Ensure that design supports usability and accessibility and conduct regular usability testing.
- Oversee the department’s annual digital media budget allocation.
- Monitor and track social media influence measurements and online discussions.
- Identify trends in education, museum operations, and preservation and make recommendations for enhanced features and technology as they apply to digital communications.
- Ensure institutional adherence to History Colorado policies, state guidelines, and professional content, usability, and design standards.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- We are seeking a specialist with 2-5 years of digital media experience in a corporate, cultural, or nonprofit environment.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, marketing, or related field. May substitute work experience in a related field for degree, on a year to year basis.
- Proven ability to lead large scale digital projects and campaigns.
- Must possess excellent technology, oral, writing, and editing skills and be proficient in graphic design, image editing software, video editing, and the production of motion graphics for social media.
- Interested individuals are asked to submit a job application, letter of interest, and three references using the online application system. Failure to submit references may cause you to be removed from consideration.
- Successful candidate must complete a criminal history background check prior to hire.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Video Production Team - June 17, 2019
- Video Production Intern - June 17, 2019
- Powering the Most Captivating Webcasting Workflows with Matrox® Monarch EDGE - June 14, 2019