Digital Producer/MMJ – KWTX
About the Job
This is a unique job in a fast-paced modern newsroom with a hyper-local focus, that gives a whole new meaning to multi-media journalist/producer. If you thrive off breaking news, enjoy long-form interviews, have strong technical skills, and are looking to be on the cutting edge of the newest direction in news, this job is for you! We are looking for someone who can help build up our livestreaming news coverage and can think outside the box to create new ways to connect with news viewers on multiple platforms. This person will be responsible for content creation between newscasts that can air on digital platforms, and identifying live opportunities on-air, our website, app, social media and OTT devices. The ideal candidate will also possess excellent broadcast and print writing skills and the ability to step in to report and/or produce as necessary for a fast paced, award-winning news team.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Reporting breaking news events happening live locally and/or nationally and scheduling/conducting live interviews.
– Ability to produce, present, and technically direct unique content every day that will broadcast on multiple platforms.
– Ability to turn content generated on OTT platforms into stories that can be used on air, web, and social media.
– Able to think quickly without a script and go live on multiple platforms simultaneously.
– Must be able to multi-task and juggle technical skills while reporting live.
– Works on special projects, including investigative reporting and long-form features.
– Assists with other newsroom duties as directed by management.
– Able to work a flexible schedule and hours that could change often depending on the needs of the news team.
– A degree in Journalism or related field is required for this position.
– Prior professional experience working in news media on-air or as a producer preferred.
– Must be a proficient writer on all platforms, have command of basic grammar and familiarity with AP style guidelines.
– Must be a news junkie who is always aggressively seeking content that is new, now and next.
– Must have a knowledge of government on the local, state and federal levels.
– Experience with video and photo editing software crucial.
– Knowledge of analytic programs such as Social News Desk and Crowdtangle required.
– Strong professional social media skills.
– Excellent communication and organizational/scheduling skills.
– Solid technical and computer skills, with the ability to shoot, edit, write, and technically direct content independently.
– A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
– Ability and knowledge to contribute to our bilingual Telemundo platforms desired.