Digital Sales Manager
About the Job
WIVB, stationed between historic downtown Buffalo and beautiful Niagara Falls, is seeking a Digital Sales Manager who will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of Digital Sales across the Local Sales department including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms.
The City of Good Neighbors, Queen City, or simply – home – is more than just a rising city. From the ever-growing waterfront development, changing seasons, wine country, pro sports (with passionate fans like you’ve never seen before) and flavorful food, it’s tough to beat the unique and local feel of market #53.
Our brand is LOCAL and we live it every day with local news coverage provided by an enthusiastic news team. It’s fun to work with a company where people believe in what they do as we offer factual news and locally produced programming with market-wide digital delivery on www.wivb.com.
We’re a big city without big city congestion. Be a part of a welcoming community and a great place to live life with plenty of room to grow.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in Digital and new product revenue.
• Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategies, including revenue goals.
• In partnership with the Local Sales Manager, will guide the sales team to exceed assigned goals.
• Prepares budgets and approves budgeted expenditures.
• Works closely with Accounts Receivable to maintain current and collectible aging’s.
• Attends sales calls with Account Executives to develop new accounts and maximize existing accounts.
• Works with clients developing results driven marketing solutions across multiple platforms.
• Oversees the Digital training and development of the Sales team.
• Assists with the recruitment of talented sales professionals.
• Identifies the developmental needs of subordinate including coaching and mentoring employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• Minimum three-year experience in Digital Sales
• Current knowledge of digital ad technology, online ad serving, 3rd party research skills such as ComScore and Google Analytics.
• IAB and/or Google AdWords certification a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office products required.
• Experience with WO, Matrix, Strata, Simmons and Rentrak are a plus.
• Fluency in English; with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Occasional travel required.
WIVB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER