Jordan Brady, one of the industry’s most in-demand commercial directors and a Filmmakers Academy mentor, offers three practical tips for creating a great commercial:
- Study advertising with the same appetite that you study filmmaking; learn the structures of ads and commercials.
- Cast your crew the way you cast your actors – carefully. And, call them first to make sure that they are not jerks.
- Schedule your comedic actors before lunch or enough time after lunch that they are not still digesting. Bonus tip: the 40mm is the funniest lens because it mimics the human eye!
Want to learn more?
Join Jordan Brady as he leads an exclusive Filmmakers Academy Live Master Class:
Directing Spec Spots with Jordan Brady
Saturday, Oct. 22 at 11:30 am Pacific Time.
Commercial directors and cinematographers: Delve inside your client’s mind-set and vision to execute a spec spot that is irresistible. Learn how to maximize your spec spots and pitch decks to retain your directorial perspective and deliver results. Attendees can participate in the Q and A session with Brady following one-time-only Master Class.
Open to the public. Registration is required. Learn more HERE.
About Jordan Brady
Brady directs campaigns for international brands (including Buick and Chrysler) and agencies. A stand-up comedian himself, Brady has directed comedy stars including Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, Keegan-Michael Key, Rory Scovel and celebrities including Arnold Schwarzenegger and Brad Paisley. His awards include multiple Clios, National Gold, ADDYs, Gold Promax Award, One Show, D Show, Pencil and AICP Awards. Brady’s work is routinely spotlighted in AdWeek, Ads of The World and Agency Spy.
Latest posts by Vika Safrigina (see all)
- Cine Gear Expo Returns to New York, Adding First Annual Photo Focus Day - February 12, 2024
- Teradek Launches a Real-Time Viewing Platform for Production and Post - February 12, 2024
- Peter Warren CSC Lights Prime Minister Justin Trudeau thanks to his Location Baby Bracket™ Invention - February 12, 2024