Position: Director of Video Production
Location: Mountain View CA US
Udacity provides online education that bridges the gap between academic and real world skills. We create content with industry leaders from companies such as Google, Facebook, Cloudera, and AT&T. We are currently seeking a Director to lead our Video team.
This person will work alongside leaders on the Learning Team to define a vision in alignment with company goals, then create, communicate, and execute on a strategy that gets us there. If you’re an excellent candidate for this role, you’ll have a background in the film & video industry and experience managing large, distributed creative teams. You’ll also have a resume that reflects strategic thinking around developing creative teams professionally and technically, managing & improving complex operational workflows, and developing org-wide preproduction practices. We’re looking for a creative problem solver and compassionate leader with a knack for building internal relationships and the know-how to drive a creative team towards concrete business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading a 50+ person creative team creating all media for Udacity’s course content
- Developing people professionally, including new managers
- Evaluating, aligning, and communicating vision & strategy for the team
- Partnering with Product and Marketing Creative Directors to define quality in media
- Executing against an ambitious roadmap
- Codifying a flexible but well-defined pre-production process
You’ll be an excellent fit if you have:
- 7+ years experience managing, building, and scaling creative teams in an agency or in-house studio
- The ability to drive a team to deliver high-quality work.
- An in-depth understanding of both technical and creative processes.
- A proven track record in fast paced, dynamic environments.
- Ability to communicate from a very high-level vision, to a very detailed level of implementation.
- Creating content for online learning
- Agency or production-house experience
If you’re interested in applying and meet the requirements above, please submit:
- Resume or cv
- Cover letter outlining why you’re a good fit for this role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Powering the Most Captivating Webcasting Workflows with Matrox® Monarch EDGE - June 14, 2019
- Remote Possibilities in Broadcast Post-Production - June 14, 2019
- Video Department/Production Assistant - June 13, 2019