About the job
The Distribution Accountant is responsible for reconciling accounting for distribution license fees collected for AFI Conservatory Thesis and Directing Workshop for Women productions.
• Coordinate the disbursement of the monies to SAG-AFTRA, DGA, filmmakers and AFI.
• Work closely with Entertainment Partners on SAG-AFTRA payments.
• Track SAG-AFTRA contract payments, handle disbursement of funds and provide a quarterly report of income and disbursements.
• Update and maintain information for databases (including working with newly created databases), files for film and video projects, festivals and distribution contractual obligations utilizing established metadata guidelines from AFI’s Louis B. Mayer Library.
• Process, file and maintain copyright paperwork on all AFI owned titles in a timely and orderly manner.
• Perform general office functions and administrative support, including answering phones, filing, photocopying, faxing and mailing.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum three to five years experience in film delivery, distribution and/or production accounting.
• Skills and experience/understanding required in film, television or other media production especially paperwork and film/video mastering formats and processing.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Can work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Must be willing to sign confidentiality agreements as asked.
• Comfortable successfully negotiating with third party vendors.
• Strong computer skills including Word, FileMaker, Excel, EP/Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling and Avid systems preferred in a Mac environment.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.