The DPP, the media industry’s business network, today published its annual media industry predictions, in partnership with DPP member company Imagen. The DPP 2020 Predictions reveal how the process of globalisation is creating challenges, as well as opportunities, through the media supply chain.
“The DPP’s annual predictions could safely be advertised as ‘hype-free’,” says DPP Managing Director, Mark Harrison. “A group of senior people from the DPP membership has given us their view of the year ahead, and it is a deeply insightful, and sober, analysis of the realities of doing business in the new global media economy.”
Among the eight predictions for the year ahead are:
● The impact of globalisation will be felt at the local level – re-setting how businesses operate
● Consumer choice will create complexity – challenging content providers’ attempts to own direct relationships, and establishing new behaviours around media
● Transparency will become essential for business success
● There will be a resurgence in ad-funded content
Perhaps most strikingly of all, the DPP’s group of experts also predicted that environmental sustainability will be a background for everything that companies do in 2020.
“It’s a measure of just how seriously many media companies are now taking the climate emergency, that despite the prediction that the year ahead will be turbulent, they still insist sustainability must be a priority,” adds Mark Harrison. “It’s not a tick box exercise; it’s a genuine, heartfelt commitment.”
This is the second year in which the DPP has partnered with video management company Imagen to create the DPP Predictions.
“Who would be brave enough to try and predict what’s next for a turbulent media and broadcast industry?” Says Helen Aboagye, CMO, Imagen. “The DPP have an unrivalled ability to bring together industry leaders to identify emerging trends, debate the direction of travel and then make sense of it all in their annual report. As a video management company, we’re keen to know where the media supply chain is heading; the analysis and insights in the report are invaluable and we’re delighted to share this information with the DPP community and beyond.”
The DPP 2020 Predictions is the second report the DPP has published in the last two weeks that looks at major industry trends. Its CES 2020 report explored how the latest advances in consumer technology will impact the media and entertainment industry.
- The importance of playout automation in regional advertising - August 30, 2021
- disguise powers unforgettable AR Euroleague Basketball Final Four Pre-Game - August 20, 2021
- AE Live delivers graphics solutions remotely for The Hundred - July 28, 2021