Position: Electronic Engineering / Product Development, Support Engineer
Company: Inovonics Inc.
Location: Felton CA US
5805 Highway 9
Felton, CA 95018
JOB TITLE: Product Development and Support Engineer
FLSA STATUS (SALARIED OR HOURLY): Hourly
SALARY: $35.00 – 45.00 per hour starting
FULL TIME OR PART TIME: Full Time (40hrs/wk.)
SUPERVISOR / MANAGER: Josh McAtee – Sr. Development Engineer
DATE: January 2018
INOVONICS, INC. is a small, closely-held firm with 45 years’ experience in the development, manufacturing and sales of specialized equipment for the audio recording and broadcasting industries. We are located in the Santa Cruz Mountain’s town of Felton, California, a half-hour’s drive from ‘Silicon Valley.’ This position requires the candidate to be in the Felton office daily.
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE JOB:
The candidate for this job will be involved in the development of new products that are DSP, microprocessor and/or microcontroller-based, to complement the existing Inovonics product line. Additionally, the job involves in-house support of new and existing products throughout the manufacturing process, including after-sale customer technical support by phone and/or email.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop products for the radio broadcast market
- Contribute to all aspects of the product development process including specification, component selection, prototyping, schematic capture, PCB layout, board bring-up, firmware development, debugging, and post production support
- Participate in meetings and brainstorming sessions with other team members to discuss design details and implementation
- Support legacy products through feature additions / bug fixes when necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The candidate for this job must have the ability to grasp technical concepts and suggest courses of action toward rapid and successful task completion. This would also include a good imagination and the ability to share and ‘brainstorm’ ideas.
- Ability to take an idea and translate it into a working end product
- Solid C programming experience with embedded systems (ARM or PIC based)
- Ability to write clean, readable, and reusable code
- Knowledge of typical interfaces such as SPI, I2C, I2S, and UART, plus experience writing device drivers for such interfaces
- Familiarity with IP and application protocols such as TCP/UDP, HTTP, SNMP
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience with basic lab equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and other debugging tools
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS+ in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in product development
ADDITIONAL JOB NOTES:
- Familiarity with broadcast radio formats (AM, FM, etc.)
- Familiarity with audio processing and / or affinity towards audio-related devices
- Basic web development knowledge (HTML, js, css, or higher-level frameworks)
- Experience with DSPs (SHARC, Blackfin, etc.)
- The candidate for this job must be a ‘team player’, able to work amiably and effectively with everyone in the Company. In a firm of our size, there can be a great deal of variety in duties and tasks, which should be viewed as a ‘plus’ by the candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 to $45.00 /hour