Elemental Technologies, the leader in software-defined video solutions, today announced plans to showcase new video ingest, processing and delivery capabilities available with Elemental software release v2.9 at the 2016 NAB Show April 18 – 21 (stand SU2724). This major release offers new features to a customer base that now exceeds 850 pay TV providers, content programmers, broadcasters and enterprises in 75 countries around the world.
Recent technology investments by Elemental give video providers the ability to enhance, extend and enrich video offerings so that today’s consumers receive more immersive and personalized viewing experiences. Whether delivering content to smartphones, tablets, PCs, televisions or future devices, Elemental customers are able to quickly innovate to expand premium video services. Video services can, in turn, evolve to keep pace with growing consumer expectations and compete effectively in a fast-changing marketplace. As Elemental customers deliver these enhanced viewing experiences, they do so in a way that continues to build revenue-driving opportunities and reduces operational costs.
At NAB, Elemental will demonstrate its full suite of software-defined video solutions in both on-premises and cloud-based deployments. New features and technology highlights include:
Enriched Viewing Experiences:
- High Dynamic Range – HDR10 and backwards compatible HDR implementations illustrate improved color space, deeper luminance and increased bit depth for enhanced image quality.
- Virtual Reality – Powerful encoding allows for creation and delivery of UHD HEVC outputs in real time for immersive virtual reality applications.
- 8K UHD Video Encoding – Software-defined video solutions gives customers the ability extend existing infrastructure to support file-based 8K video processing at 120p.
Increased Revenues Opportunities:
- Live Broadcasting from the Cloud – 24/7 live broadcast channels hosted on cloud infrastructure enable multi-channel linear TV services.
- Server-Side Ad Insertion – Reach more viewers with video delivery that supports the industry-standard VAST protocol for dynamic server-side ad decisioning.
- Multiscreen Monetization – Just-in-time packaging, just-in-time DRM, live-to-VOD and other time-shifted TV services enable video distributors to realize new revenue opportunities.
Reduced Operating Costs:
- SDI over IP – Support for SMPTE 2022-6 and SMPTE 2022-5 forward error correction allows for the migration from SDI to IP transport of premium video content.
- Live Channel Playout – A software-based approach to linear 24/7 broadcast channel creation with dynamic content and motion graphic overlay reduces video workflow complexity, improves resiliency and lowers operational costs.
- Dynamic Content Control – Seamless input switching between real-time inputs and file-based assets, regardless of resolution or frame rate.
- Motion Graphic Overlay – Overlay static and full frame rate motion graphics on HD or UHD video outputs to create a broadcast channel experience and advertising opportunity.
- Unified Infrastructure – A unified headend for linear channel operations offers integrated functions including statistical multiplexing, end-to-end redundancy and multiscreen content delivery.
“Our purpose is to perfect the media experience, and accelerating investment in Elemental software-defined video solutions moves our customers another step closer to achieving this goal, enriching the viewing experience for consumers worldwide.” said Keith Wymbs, CMO at Elemental. “With a complete software solution, Elemental customers can streamline video operations so they can focus on innovating and extending service offerings, growing audiences and monetizing content whether they choose to do so on-premises or in the cloud.”
Amazon CloudFront General Manager Alex Dunlap and Elemental CEO and co-founder Sam Blackman will co-present a keynote address entitled All In: Cloud Transformation of the Media Industry at the NAB Media Technology Business Summit Sunday, April 17 at 4:30pm in room N-249 of the Las Vegas Convention Center. During the Cloud Innovation Conference (CIC) at NAB, Blackman will present a keynote address entitled Building a Better On-Ramp to Media in the Cloud on Tuesday, April 19 at 11:30am in room S219 of the LVCC. Elemental will also participate in the EMC Isilon Alliance Partner Customer Showcase in booth SL9605, featuring hands-on product demonstrations.
In conjunction with NAB, Elemental will present the 4K 4Charity Fun Run on Tuesday, April 19 at 7:30am in Sunset Park in Las Vegas. Sponsors for the 4K 4Charity Fun Run at NAB 2016 include Aspera (an IBM company), Brightcove, Comcast Wholesale, Dolby, IneoQuest, Sony, Verimatrix and Xstream. Register for the run at 4K4Charity.com to help celebrate major achievements in the video industry and to support international and local charities.
See Elemental at NAB in booth SU2724 and in AWS booth SL9016. To schedule a meeting with Elemental during the show or register for complimentary access to the exhibition, visit our NAB events page.
- Nevion and TAG partner to simplify the deployment of broadcast production solutions - January 18, 2023
- Nevion Awarded Information Security Management System Certification - November 15, 2022
- Norway’s TV 2 and Telenor to build a sports production ecosystem using Nevion solution - September 28, 2022