Location: Miami FL US
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is looking to fill an Engineering position who will work within the Telemundo Engineering Team. This position will report to an Engineering Manager and working closely with operational counterparts and key business representatives in support our new IP based Production Facility in Miami, FL.
- Understand IT security and network policies and stay current on IT stack; manage device patches and security updates; design and integrate new and expansion upgrades on network devices that support the broadcast IT infrastructure.
- Apply formal project management principles and practices during the planning, implementation, monitoring and completion of projects to ensure effective management of scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk and communication.
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce costs; define best practices and standards within disciplines
- Design infrastructure solutions to match business needs – Apply best design practices to meet project goals, translate project scope from client into efficient engineering solution; contribute to budget development.
- Track technical budget, equipment orders and deliveries; schedule onsite vendor support, as needed; maintain positive and productive relationship with vendors.
- Setup and configure any equipment included in project design; device integration and configuration, application installation and upgrades; full operational capability.
- Troubleshoot; coordinate support for operational and business incidents, driving to problem resolution.
- Partner closely with NBCUniversal Operations & Technology Production and Distribution Engineering Teams as well as the NBCU IT organization to ensure standardized practices, platforms and system are leveraged when possible.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations of overall network requirements for performance availability, utilization and reliability as this relates to IP Media transport.
- Communicate with department leadership on project status, responsibilities and progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering and five years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years broadcast systems design experience in Control Room, Studio, Edit and Graphic systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on complex projects, with a proven track record of achievement and on-site completion
- Proficient with MS Office, Project Visio applications
- Basic CAD functionality, including creating, redefining and plotting documentation
- Demonstrated experience working on large and small technical projects, independently and in concert with larger groups of engineers and operational personnel
- Ability to foster a shared purpose, vision and collaboration
- Take initiative and hold yourself accountable to business practices; demonstrate good organizational ability and manage time effectively
Knowledge of broadcast design best practices:
- SMPTE IP Transport standards ST 2110, ST2022, ST2019 PTP Timing and all supporting industry standards.
- SMPTE 259M, 292M, 424M and 4kSHD and UHD signaling formats
- AES 67 Audio over IP Interoperability
- Experience supporting broadcast production equipment from Sony, Grass Valley, Lawo, EVS, Evertz, Avid, Chyron, VizRT and others
Knowledge of networking best practices:
- Real-time multicast stream delivery: IGMP, PIM/SM, PIM/SSM
- Cisco IP Fabric for Media and Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
- Datacenter design and implementation utilizing full suite of Cisco Nexus 9000 products
- Cisco IOS based switching and routing products
- Experience in designing and implementation of data / video network infrastructure for complex projects (first time builds)
- Experience in core and internet DMZ interfaces, including acceptance testing and operational support of new hardware and software
- QoS understanding and configuration to support IP Media transport and select applications
- Traditional WAN connectivity transport T1/T3, OC48
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Broadcast Beat Magazine is an Official NAB Show Media partner and we cover Broadcast Engineering, Radio & TV Technology for the Animation, Broadcasting, Motion Picture and Post Production industries. We cover industry events and conventions like BroadcastAsia, CCW, IBC, SIGGRAPH, Digital Asset Symposium and more!