- Launch of innovative full-IP virtualised software defined ‘private broadcast cloud’ positions DMC as the gateway to Europe, delivering 30 channels today and 80 by September 2017
- Pioneering platform recognised for its outstanding technical proficiency through shortlisting in the prestigious IBC Innovation Award (Content Distribution category)
- DMC’s platform utilises the power to process video in real-time and directly connect to an-all IP world, providing innovative media logistics, publishing and distribution services
Amsterdam, The Netherlands – 21 June 2017 – DMC, the European media gateway, today announced the launch of its innovative, full-IP virtualised playout platform – a ground-breaking European first. DMC’s fully virtualised software defined ‘private broadcast cloud’ provides a step-change in industry innovation and enables its customers to benefit from the agility and flexibility of an all-IP world.
Hosted at DMC’s re-imagined network operations, media management and distribution facility in Amsterdam, the world’s most connected hub, the platform provides international content owners with a passport to 700 million European viewers. The platform, which delivers 30 channels today, will be used by more than 80 channels in Europe from September 1 2017, following the full migration of remaining channels from DMC’s former facility. The DMC platform was enabled by a number of key partners including Cisco, Equinix, Pebble Beach Systems, Red Hat, Super Micro and VMware.
In recognition of its pioneering vision and technical proficiency, DMC and its partners have been shortlisted for a prestigious IBC Innovation Award in the Content Distribution category. The winner of the category will be announced on Sunday, September 17th at 18:30 CET at the RAI Auditorium (Amsterdam, The Netherlands).
Raymond Lamphen, General Manager and Vice President at DMC, said: “Being shortlisted for an IBC Innovation award is a great honour and reinforces our belief that future video services will rely on a fully virtualised, private broadcast cloud – a concept that we have turned into a fully operational platform in less than two years.
“The success of this launch is testament to the vision, skill and endeavour of our entire team and the support and trust of our customers, who have embraced the opportunity to move towards a fully virtualised IP approach to media management and playout. We are excited to use our pioneering heritage of creativity and ambition and extensive knowledge of the media market to act as the passport to Europe for content owners everywhere.”
The all-IP platform enables DMC to commission and deliver new channels to market faster than ever before – a matter of hours instead of weeks – with the potential to reduce this to minutes. DMC’s fully virtualised platform offers its customers unprecedented scale and capacity, extending the type and quality of services available, such as pop-up channels for market testing and companion channels for special events on OTT platforms.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Grass Valley Helps MediaHub Address New Market Dynamics With Scalable Agile Services - May 20, 2019
- Grass Valley Taps Additional Remote Production Expertise with New Appointment - May 16, 2019
- NDTV gets stories anytime, anywhere, on any device with enhanced news production suite from Grass Valley - May 15, 2019