Edinburgh/Munich, 23 May 2017 – Exterity, a leading provider of IP video and digital signage technologies, today announced that it has partnered with German football club TSG 1899 Hoffenheim to deliver live TV and video to its VIP lounges and boxes at WIRSOL Rhein-Neckar-Arena, giving fans an unparalleled stadium experience.
Deployed by systems integrator Schweickert Netzwerktechnik, the Exterity IP video system also enables the in-house distribution of content such as press conference materials and interviews from its Arena sport studio.
“TSG 1899 Hoffenheim is one of the top clubs in the Bundesliga, Germany’s main football league and more than 12 million fans attend Bundesliga matches each year. TSG Hoffenheim wanted an in-stadium experience to match the high-quality football being played on the pitch,” said Colin Farquhar, CEO at Exterity. “Video is playing a fundamental role in transforming the fan experience during live events, and we are delighted that our IP video solution will deliver high-quality video streaming to many football fans.”
VIPs and corporate guests also benefit from the Exterity IP video system, which delivers welcome messages on screens in the VIP reception area, and full presentations and agendas from both internal and external events hosted in the Arena.
Joachim Bohn, Facility Manager at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim commented: “By deploying the Exterity IP video system, we are able to seamlessly stream high-quality video content to all screens in our VIP areas. A key benefit of the Exterity system is that it enables us to centrally manage the entire process, which means we can easily deliver the right content to the right screen. Our VIP guests can take an active part in the action– and for sports fans, there’s nothing like the match day experience.”
The Exterity system in the WIRSOL Rhein-Neckar-Arena consists of:
- AvediaStream® TVgateways to deliver live digital TV and radio channels to screens around the entire stadium.
- AvediaStream e3655 Encoders to stream live match footage direct from TSG’s network to every screen in the ground.
- AvediaPlayer ™ Receiver set-top boxes
- An Exterity AvediaStream r9350 Receiver designed to take IP video and contribute it directly into SDI broadcast environments.
- AvediaServer® central management platform
The WIRSOL Rhein-Neckar-Arena was completed in 2009 and holds 30,150 spectators, who watch TSG compete in the Bundesliga – the world’s best-attended association league in the world and Germany’s finest.
NOTE TO MEDIA: To request a briefing with Exterity, please get in touch with Zoe Mumba of Platform, email@example.com or +44 207 486 4900.
- Bitcentral’s ViewNexa™ partners with Argoid AI to drive enhanced, personalized, and engaging streaming experiences for customers - February 20, 2024
- Platform Communications launches expanded content marketing offering with the appointment of James McKeown - February 19, 2024
- Planetcast launches its NexC cloud-first architecture to enable Media Companies to beat today’s ‘Complexity Challenge’ - February 7, 2024