Ottawa, ON – FileCatalyst, an Emmy® award-winning pioneer in managed file transfers and a world leading accelerated file transfer solutions provider, has announced that they will be launching a new cloud-based turnkey file transfer service; FileCatalyst Spaces. FileCatalyst Spaces provides a monthly-based pricing model that allows users to only pay for their subscription and the data they transfer.
FileCatalyst Spaces leverages the core functionality of FileCatalyst Workflow, as well as FileCatalyst’s proprietary UDP-based fast file transfer technology. FileCatalyst Spaces eliminates slow file transfers by overcoming the limits that the FTP protocol, packet loss and latency place on file transfers moving across the WAN.
Being a cloud-based service, FileCatalyst Spaces is accessible from any modern browser and alleviates storage, hardware and maintenance costs from the end user by securely hosting and managing the service. Flexible data storage options allow users to either use the cloud storage provided by FileCatalyst Spaces or users have the option of bringing their own cloud storage. FileCatalyst Spaces supports, Wasabi, AWS S3, Azure Blob, Google Cloud Storage and Backblaze B2.
Some of the key features include:
- Custom Upload Forms: create custom metadata fields for job submissions, accommodating almost any large-scale file transfer workflow.
- Distribution: send files of any size to any email address at accelerated speeds.
- Shareable Web-Based Folders: create shareable folders for users and groups to share large data sets and collaborate with others.
- Automated Transfers: FileCatalyst HotFolder is available as an add-on feature for automation and synchronization tasks.
- Customizable Web Portals: Create multiple file transfer portals for unique use cases.
- Brandable: Extensive HTML5 customization features allow you to create an aesthetic that matches FileCatalyst Spaces with your corporate identity.
- No browser plugin or client application required for non-accelerated uploads/downloads.
- Fully managed and hosted cloud service.
Join FileCatalyst‘s Director of Strategic Partnerships & Cloud Services, Elton Carneiro, for a webinar on Thursday, January 21st, 2019 (11AM – 12PM EST) that will talk about this new service, it’s features and pricing. Spaces will be officially launched after the webinar. To learn more about FileCatalyst Spaces, or sign up for the service, visit filecatalyst.com/solutions/filecatalyst-spaces/.
Located in Ottawa, Canada, FileCatalyst is a pioneer in managed file transfers and an Emmy® award-winning leader of accelerated file transfer solutions. The company, founded in 2000, has more than one thousand customers in media & entertainment, energy & mining, gaming, printing, military, and government including many Fortune 500 companies.
FileCatalyst is a software platform designed to accelerate and manage file transfers securely and reliably. FileCatalyst is immune to the effects that latency and packet loss have on traditional file transfer methods including FTP, HTTP or CIFS. Global organizations use FileCatalyst to solve issues related to file transfer including content distribution, file sharing, and offsite backups. To learn more visit www.filecatalyst.com or on Twitter @FileCatalyst.
Latest posts by Matt Murphy (see all)
- Evolphin Forms Partnership with FileCatalyst to Integrate Fast File Transfer Capabilities into their Media Asset Management (MAM) Platform Zoom - April 5, 2019
- FileCatalyst to Showcase a New Cloud-Based Service and New Updates at NAB 2019 in Las Vegas - February 20, 2019
- FileCatalyst Launches New Cloud-Based Service, FileCatalyst Spaces, with Consumption-Based Pricing - February 6, 2019