FiLMiC Pro and Movi Cinema Robot Integration Delivers Precise, Professional Stabilization and Control for Mobile Filmmakers, Mojo and Content Creators
FiLMiC Inc. Also Returns to NAB 2019 with Strategic Presence Among Mobile Cinema Tech Partners; Hosts Visionary Filmmakers on Mobile Cinema Stage
Seattle, WA (April 8, 2019) – FiLMiC Inc. (www.filmicpro.com) announced today it has completed the integration of its FiLMiC Pro mobile cinema camera app for iOS and Android devices with the Movi Cinema Robot, a compact mobile video stabilizer and gimbal system designed specifically for precise, professional stabilization and control for mobile filmmakers. As a result of this integration, Movi Cinema Robot filmmakers now have seamless access to FiLMiC Pro settings and shooting modes directly from the gimbal, providing a tactile, nimble shooting experience for mobile cinematic video.
This strategic integration adds to FiLMiC’s growing list of support for top tier gimbals, such as our best-in-class support for the Zhiyun Smooth 4 and the DJI Osmo Mobile 1 and 2.
In their booth #C2439, FiLMiC will demonstrate key features of the FiLMiC Pro and Movi Cinema Robot integration, including:
- Quick mode selector allows users to effortlessly progress through three shooting modes (Reticles, Full Auto and Manual);
- The ability to start and stop recordings directly from the Movi Cinema Robot;
- Lock and unlock focus and exposure reticles with a single press on the Movi control pad;
- Ability to use the Movi hardware controls for highly responsive focus pulls and manual exposure adjustments;
- Quick lens selection to effortlessly switch between front, rear, zoom and tele lens directly from the gimbal (on dual-lens iPhones and compatible Android devices such as S10+);
- Manually override focus and exposure in any mode to ensure perfect results.
- Take complete control over the Cinema Robot’s response speed, window and motor locks directly from the gimbal, without the need to tap the screen.
FiLMiC Pro Mobile Cinema Stage at NAB 2019
On the FiLMiC Pro Mobile Cinema stage in their booth #C2439, the FiLMiC team will offer a series of presentations and demonstrations designed to educate attendees on its professional mobile cinema workflows. Additionally, FiLMiC is hosting a number of special guest presenters, including:
- Sallyanne “Sal” Massimini is part of Hollywood’s next wave of up and coming female directors. Sal cut her teeth as a visual effects artists and supervisors, before transitioning to 2nd unit direction for shows like Greenleaf, Imaginary Mary, and Step Up. She then branched out into short film and commercial work, before shooting the first ever short film on RED’s foray into smartphone filmmaking the Hydrogen 1.
- Ryan Connolly is known to film fans the world over for his pioneering online educational channel Film Riot. Ryan also directs his own films under the banner of his own production company Triune Films, who recently completed the long play short Action/Thriller “Ballistic.”
- Blake Calhoun is an award-winning filmmaker who has directed both feature films and web originals including “Pink” and “Exposed.” Blake launched his mobile centric channel “The iPhoneographers” in 2011 and has been at the forefront of mobile content ever since.
- Eliot Fitzroy is FiLMiC Pro’s product manager and the brain behind the YouTube sensation Epic Tutorials: the most comprehensive overview of creative apps in the mobile work space. Eliot will be demonstrating FiLMiC Pro and FiLMiC Remote at the FiLMiC Pro booth C12439 at NAB 2019 all week long.
Pricing and Availability
FiLMiC Pro with support for Movi Cinema Robot is available immediately. The FiLMiC Pro app is available as a download from the Apple App store (for iOS devices) and on Google Play (for Android devices) and is priced at $15.99 USD and $13.99 for the in-app purchase.
About FiLMiC Inc.
FiLMiC Inc is a team of filmmakers, photographers, software developers and creatives with a passion for mobile cinema. We developed FiLMiC Pro to enable filmmakers with the caliber of advanced features and capabilities that turn a simple mobile device into a cinematic film camera. We’re proud to have inspired filmmakers of all levels, and from every corner of the planet to usher in a new era of filmmaking. For more information please visit www.filmicpro.com.
Latest posts by Kevin Bourke (see all)
- VEGAS Creative Software and FXhome Partner at NAB 2019to Launch VEGAS POST - April 9, 2019
- FiLMiC Inc Expands Mobile Cinema Tech Offerings with Professional Audio Field Recording App for iOS at NAB 2019 - April 8, 2019
- FiLMiC Inc Completes Integration with FiLMiC Pro Mobile Cinema Camera App and the Movi Cinema Robot at NAB 2019 - April 8, 2019