For immediate release
FIRST STEADICAM GOLD WORKSHOP HELD IN JAPAN
London, 13th November 2018:
This October saw an important first time event in Japan, the very first Steadicam Gold Workshop. The location was a sports resort some two and a half hours North of the centre of Tokyo. The excellent facilities included a huge main training room and a considerable number of attractive areas around the site for creating interesting shots, including a pool area complete with dinosaurs.
There was a full complement of sixteen students from not only Japan but also other parts of Asia and even the Middle East. Instructors were Garrett Brown, Jerry Holway, Chris Fawcett, Robin Thwaites and Rebecca Wilson-Jennings ably assisted by Dan Ikeda on translation and his wife Aline.
The workshop was hosted and put together by Tiffen partner Gin-Ichi with what must have been several tons of equipment leaving nothing out, from complete Steadicam rigs to water and snacks for the students, and to spare screws and tools. Also arranged and on site were a dolly and a crane for the vehicle training day.
The second day began with a general class talk, but then the instructors each created a short scene concentrating on a particular aspect of working with Steadicam. Groups rotated between the various shots enjoying the benefit of the instructors varying techniques and points of view. Again the evening saw another lecture followed by late evening practice.
The rest of the week carried on in a similar fashion but with the addition of vehicle and crane work on the Thursday finishing on Friday with a celebratory dinner and certificate ceremony. Many students were so dedicated that they even went on practicing until late yet again.
Saturday was time to depart and goodbyes followed by travel and in some cases long flights.
This was a remarkable workshop and one to be noted and remembered amongst all the great workshops for the organisation, friendship, and most of all dedication of the students.
3x 300 dpi photos supplied:
1) Tokyo Steadicam Gold Workshop 2018 tutors and students
2) Student Noriyuki Goto receiving his certificate, tutors L to R Garrett Brown, Jerry Holway, Chris Fawcett, Robin Thwaites and Rebecca Wilson-Jennings
3) Left photo, Steadicam inventor Garrett Brown, and chief instructor Jerry Holway, on the right, teaching students in Tokyo
Contacts for further press information:
International Director of Sales
Iver Heath, Bucks, SL0 0NH
T +44 (0) 1753 783960
Broadcast and Film industry authoring and communication
Higher res photos by request to StylusMC.
Latest posts by Stylus Media (see all)
- Transvideo: Latest and leading monitor products at Cine Gear 2019 - May 13, 2019
- See Aaton-Digital’s award-winning sound recorders at Cine Gear 2019 - May 13, 2019
- Decimator Design announces a 4K Cross Converter: 12G-CROSS - April 8, 2019