Position: Freelance Podcast Producer/Editor
Company: Stanford Technology Ventures Program, Stanford University
Location: Palo Alto CA US
Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP) is seeking a talented Freelance Podcast Producer/Editor to capture and craft content for entrepreneurs and educators at Stanford University and around the world. Our substantive and entertaining content delivers practical knowledge, evocative personal perspectives, and experiments.
The Freelance Podcast Producer/Editor will join the content team at STVP. We are strategists, journalists, designers, filmmakers, event programmers, and academics. We produce content focused on entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology that helps organizations and individuals around the world to take action, create value, and solve problems.
We are seeking a motivated media professional to help expand the content offerings that our hundreds of thousands of listeners already enjoy. Building on the success of our two top-ten Higher Education podcasts, the Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Series and Stanford Innovation Lab with Tina Seelig, the Freelance Podcast Producer/Editor must be well versed in audio production and post-production.
Working on a project-by-project basis with our team, the Freelance Podcast Producer/Editor must have a strict attention to detail, an ear for quality and story, and the ability to address technical issues in the studio or in the field.
Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Editorial and the Digital Media Producer, the primary responsibilities of the Freelance Podcast Producer/Editor will be to
- Ensure technical quality of recordings for our podcast series
- Edit and deliver high quality finished audio and video podcasts
- Organize required meta-data and content for media platforms, including iTunes
Freelance Podcast Producer/Editor must:
- Have experience recording high-quality audio in the studio and in the field
- Familiarity with back-end iTunes and Soundcloud podcast set up
- Be skilled at navigating audio and video technical issues
- Have a talent for crafting audio stories
- Have an ear for detail and quality
- Be a creative professional who will positively represent STVP
- Be a creative partner who will add to the vision of a project
A cover letter, resume, and portfolio of samples are required to be considered for this position.
Job Type: Contract
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Audio Engineer Intern (Unpaid) - October 15, 2019
- Broadcast/Production Operations and Event Engineer – Information & Media Technology - October 15, 2019
- Administrative Assistant - October 15, 2019