Position: Graphic Design Specialist
Company: SimIS, Inc
Location: Suffolk VA US
Required: Associate’s Degree and 5 years of experience.
Desired: Bachelor’s Degree 3 years of experience.
Specified discipline: Degree in Commercial Art, Media Advertising or related field desired.
Special Requirements: Certificates in AutoCAD, PhotoShop, Quark XPress, 3D Studio, Info Access, and Dreamweaver and similar softwares desired.
Three years experience in media work, graphics, technical illustration, documentation specialties or similar work.
- Responsible for publication and printed materials used to promote and introduce the Joint Feasibility Studies, Quick Reaction Tests, and Joint Tests.
- Responsible for graphic support to promote and introduce the Joint Feasibility Studies, Quick Reaction Tests, Joint Tests, and the Joint Test Support Core Support Group to include web design/maintenance, promotional materials, and presentations.
- Design and develop multi-media images, interactive training programs, and promotional materials for external and internal audiences.
- Experienced using Macromedia Flash, PhotoShop, Corel Suite, Image Pals, PowerPoint, Photomorph, Interleaf, Crystal Flying Fonts, 3D FX, MS Word, InDesign, MS Access, Dreamweaver, and a number of other software packages in order to manipulate images and text.
- Prepare quarterly newsletter information using InDesign publication layout software.
- Designs and layouts for booklets, reports, and Slide production and maintenance tailored to dynamica1ly changing audiences. Produce CDs, covers, labels and any other outgoing publications. Design of security badges, business cards, notepads, and facility signage. File conversion of documents to .pdf format.
- Provide graphics for the JT&E website (vectorized the JT&E logo for web format).
- Support in-house conferences with Audio-Visual support and technical assistance.
- Microsoft Office and Windows-based programs (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project, Corel Draw/Photoshop or equivalent, Dreamweaver, Gif Construction, InDesign, Flash, and Adobe Acrobat) HTML
- Strong research capabilities (including Internet and documents)
- Knowledge of the JT&E Program
- Web page development
- Graphics creation and editing
- Must be able to travel as needed
Minimum of Secret (Eligible for Top Secret)
Job Type: Full-time
- Graphic Design: 5 years
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- The journey towards high quality online experiences - April 24, 2019
- Junior Graphic Designer – Contract - April 23, 2019
- Junior Web Designer - April 23, 2019