MONTREAL – 16:00 CET September 12, 2019 – Grass Valley is launching a series of new features for its versatile and fast nonlinear editing software EDIUS. Broadcasters and content owners today need to create rich captivating stories that they can bring to market as fast as possible as they address a rapidly shifting mediascape. The latest EDIUS enhancements bring tighter integration for the user, increased flexibility and deliver more creative power.
The EDIUS 9.5 update includes:
- Multicam audio sync – EDIUS now better supports the synchronization time axes of clips and allows users to create a new sequence synchronized using audio data; users can also analyze audio and add new clips to existing sequences efficiently
- Blackmagic RAW Decode and Blackmagic Film Gamma support – now provides better functionality for users across an increasingly wide range of codecs
- ProRes 4444 (Alpha channel support) export – this added format allows users to build more flexible workflows and enable advanced creatives
Katsushi Takeuchi, vice president and general manager, editing systems, Grass Valley said: “With viewers consuming more content than ever before, across a wider range of platforms, it is imperative that broadcasters, content owners and production companies can deploy tools that are reliable, fast, and flexible. The EDIUS system benefits from over a decade of dedicated developmental work that ensures it continues to meet the demands of our customers in this evolving industry. This latest upgrade pulls in features for operability across a range of codecs and formats and brings more efficient workflow construction, offering Grass Valley customers best-in-class features.”
EDIUS users will receive the new feature release of version 9.5 beginning September 2019 at no extra cost. In addition, customers who purchase EDIUS 9 software after September 13, 2019 will also benefit from an upgrade promotion which will allow use of both EDIUS 9 and the next version. Details of the promotion will be announced on October 1, 2019 on the Grass Valley website.
- MediaKind launches Aquila On-Demand solution to deliver rapid asset processing of on demand OTT and IPTV video content - August 5, 2020
- De Tune Helps Public School Take Client Events Virtual with Grass Valley’s Cloud Production Platform - July 29, 2020
- ACCESS Twine™ for Car App Store launched to accelerate auto industry adoption of In-Vehicle Infotainment - July 28, 2020