MONTREAL – 8:00 EST May 13, 2019– Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, today launches the newest version of EDIUS, its versatile and fast nonlinear editing software. With consumer demand for more content on a greater number of devices, broadcasters are under increased pressure to reach ever-widening audiences on tighter budgets. This is why the need for efficient, flexible workflows that are both scalable and future-proof is critical; EDIUS 9.4 fulfills these needs by providing users with faster functionality and more creative features.
The latest update includes:
- Updated ProRes support: EDIUS now supports ProRes export from timeline, together with support for ProRes RAW decoding. ProRes export also supports smart rendering, that means quick turnaround for ProRes native editing workflows.
- New Closed Caption (scc/mcc) file import/export/burn:Closed caption files can now be imported to the timeline separately, applied to the project, and together with the CEA-708/608 caption data can be also exported as scc/mcc files, or burned in to the video as open captions.
- Simple HDR/SDR conversion: New settings in the Primary Color Correction filter now allows easier conversion between HDR/SDR, with automatic gain and tone mapping applied to files for improving image quality.
- Improved Multicam workflow: With the updated workflow in 9.4, users can easily select multi angle files and quickly switch to multicam mode.
Katsushi Takeuchi, Vice President & General Manager of Editing Systems, Grass Valley said: “EDIUS is the editor of choice for major broadcast stations around the world, for its fast edit turnarounds and support for latest video formats. EDIUS has accumulated more than a decade of development work, with its optimized video processing engine and original video codecs. It has also kept up with the latest PC technology including support for the latest CPUs and graphics capabilities improving speed and add support for new functionalities.”
EDIUS 9 users benefit from the EDIUS 9.4 update free of charge as part of the regular product enhancement program; released on May 8 2019.
- Grass Valley’s EDIUS X Preview Events Continue - July 13, 2020
- MediaKind appoints Matt McConnell as Chief Executive Officer - July 9, 2020
- SonyLIV and NetRange partner to expand Indian viewer base - July 9, 2020