October 15, 2020 (Burbank, CA) – The Hollywood Professional Association (HPA) has announced the panelists for the latest in its series of Industry Recovery Task Force Virtual Global Town Halls, which will take place on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 from 11 AM to 12:30 PM PDT. The Virtual Global Town Halls, which are online and free to attend, bring together thought leaders from science, entertainment, technology, medicine, and government to inform and influence how to bring the industry back to work, safely. Craig German and Leon Silverman co-chair the town hall events; Silverman chairs the task force.
Carolyn Giardina (Tech Editor, The Hollywood Reporter) will again serve as moderator for the discussion. Panelists include Lori McCreary, Past President, Producers Guild of America and CEO, Revelations Entertainment; Kurt Miner, certified COVID-19 Compliance Officer and Chief Operating Officer, Entertainment Safety Company; Cathy Repola, National Executive Director, Motion Picture Editors Guild; and Paul Varghese, MD, MMsc, Head of Health Informatics, Verily Life Sciences.
“Even as our knowledge of the novel coronavirus grows and our industry’s response evolves, the need for critical conversations also grows,” notes Silverman. “As our industry continues to iterate and innovate as we return to work, it is vital that we share our experiences and knowledge about safety and workflow, and that we continue to stay connected as a community. Our HPA Board and Task Force is intently focused on providing a forum for expert voices and the community to continue to engage in this timely global dialogue.”
The town halls are interactive, with moderated discussions affording the opportunity for the audience to submit questions to the expert panel. Free registration for the upcoming interactive town hall is available at www.hpaonline.com. The previous Industry Recovery Task Force Global Town Halls are available to watch at hpaonline.com/home-page/hpa-guide-to-covid-19-resources/.
The key objectives of the HPA Industry Recovery Task Force are:
- To serve as a forum for collaboration, communication, and thought leadership regarding how to resume global production and post production in a sustainable fashion.
- To understand and influence evolving technical requirements such as the impact of industry remote collaboration, ‘work from home’ and other workflows which have been highlighted by the current crisis.
- To provide up-to-date information and access to emerging health and safety guidelines that will be issued by various governments, municipalities, unions, guilds, industry organizations and content creators.
For further information and registration, visit hpaonline.com. Future dates for HPA Industry Recovery Task Force Global Town Halls will be announced soon, and are expected to be held monthly for the foreseeable future. Dates and speakers for the November town hall will be announced in early November.
- 2020 HPA Awards Creative Categories Nominees Announced - October 23, 2020
- American Society of Cinematographers Sets Awards Date and Opens Submissions for Television Competition - October 21, 2020
- HPA Industry Recovery Task Force Sets Date and Panelists for Virtual Global Town Hall - October 15, 2020