Latest gathering of industry experts explores successful work in the pandemic
Hollywood Professional Association (HPA) Industry Recovery Task Force will explore how CBS/ITV Entertainment’s Love Island USA moved from Fiji to Las Vegas and kept their exacting production and delivery schedule intact in the midst of the Coronavirus upheaval, late in 2020. HPA’s Virtual Town Hall, the latest in the series produced by the Industry Recovery Task Force, will take place on February 10 from 11 AM to 12:30 PM PDT. The Virtual Global Town Halls, online and free to attend, bring together thought leaders from science, entertainment, technology, medicine, and government to inform and influence how to bring the industry back to work, safely. HPA Board members Craig German and Leon Silverman co-chair the town hall events; Silverman chairs the task force.
Journalist Carolyn Giardina (Tech Editor, The Hollywood Reporter) will moderate the discussion exploring the challenges of a particularly demanding production with more than 100 cameras, multiple story lines, a large cast and 24 hour delivery windows as the production moved from Fiji to Las Vegas. Panelists include Howard Bauer, Executive in Charge of Production; Danielle Di Stefano, Executive Vice President of Post Operations and Technology for ITV America; Rod Allen, Senior Project Manager, Bexel/NEP; and Tim Crockett, Covid Compliance Officer.
Silverman said, “Telling the stories of how our industry, through their tenacity, ingenuity and quite frankly, their bravery came together in these challenging times provides lessons and inspiration for our community. Come hear this incredible story of how Love Island moved an army in a real time pivot in the midst of this pandemic to produce a show of incredible complexity. Our HPA Town Halls provide an opportunity to continue to learn lessons from others and to participate in this important conversation as our industry recovers and adapts to the challenges of content creation today.”
The town halls are interactive, with moderated discussions affording the opportunity for the audience to submit questions to the expert panel. Free registration for the upcoming interactive town hall is available at www.hpaonline.com where previous town hall recordings are also available.
The key objectives of the HPA Industry Recovery Task Force are:
- To serve as a forum for collaboration, communication, and thought leadership regarding how to resume global production and post production in a sustainable fashion.
- To understand and influence evolving technical requirements such as the impact of industry remote collaboration, ‘work from home’ and other workflows which have been highlighted by the current crisis.
- To provide up-to-date information and access to emerging health and safety guidelines that will be issued by various governments, municipalities, unions, guilds, industry organizations and content creators.
HPA President Seth Hallen said, “The case study for Love Island is at the very heart and core of what we aspire to for the HPA Town Hall discussions. Real world creative and technical teams facing daunting challenges, with high-risk consequences. And, of course, how they succeeded. The Industry Recovery Virtual Town Halls – this is our 4th – presents a unique opportunity to dig in with the most interesting, compelling experts. I for one can hardly wait to be in the audience for this one. The IRTF Town Halls bring the value of the HPA’s education and community directly to an audience that needs to know.”
For further information and registration, visit hpaonline.com.
- Streamland Media to Acquire Sim Post Production Business - April 7, 2021
- Renowned Colorist Steven Bodner Joins Picture Shop - March 26, 2021
- Possibilities Explored at the HPA Tech Retreat Supersession - February 18, 2021