- Comprehensive, free to attend content programme to be delivered LIVE in Amsterdam and online via IBC Digital
- Convention keynotes to feature industry luminaries from Discovery Inc., Fox Sports, HBO Max, Netflix, Olympic Broadcasting Services, Starz, Unity Technologies, and WarnerMedia
- Drives Innovation with expanded Accelerator projects that unite broadcasters, content owners and technology companies to solve complex media challenges
LONDON, UK – 30th September 2021 – IBC, the world’s most inspiring content and technology event, announces a comprehensive content programme for IBC Show 2021 which for the first time in IBC’s history will be free for all to access. Attendees can watch the sessions in person in Amsterdam or online via IBC Digital, which will launch on 21st October.
This year’s content programme will focus on five key themes: Production & Post Production, Content Supply Chain, OTT, Direct to Consumer (Content Everywhere), Live & Remote Production and Innovation. World-class speakers from renowned studios, broadcasters and media service providers will deliver Convention Keynotes spotlighting emerging industry trends and business strategies.
This year’s confirmed convention keynote speakers are:
- James Gibbons, EVP, GM UK & Nordics at Discovery Inc.
- Mike Davies, SVP Field Operations, Fox Sports
- Johannes Larcher, Head of International at HBO Max
- Vincent Tauzia, VP of Partnerships, Netflix
- Yiannis Exarchos, CEO, Olympic Broadcasting Services
- Superna Kalle, President, International Networks, Starz
- Mike Wuetherick, Head of M&E Solutions, Unity Technologies
- Bob Hesskamp, EVP of Engineering, WarnerMedia
“IBC2021 will create a safe and engaging environment for the industry to educate, learn and network in-person after being separated for too long,” said Michael Crimp, Chief Executive of IBC. “IBC will support the industry’s return to live events by delivering an action-packed content programme featuring game changing insights from industry visionaries, all of which will be available for free to all attendees. We have always had an unwavering commitment to encouraging knowledge sharing within the industry, which is now more important than ever before and mirrored in our decision to make all sessions free-to-attend.”
IBC Digital is a hybrid platform that will run in tandem with the live event, so attendees can engage with the show and enjoy all the insights, innovation and interaction. IBC Digital will empower attendees to create their own unique IBC experience by watching content, scheduling online meetings with exhibitors and other attendees, reviewing exhibitor profiles, and inviting colleagues to live meetings. Additionally, IBC Digital’s powerful AI technology will offer personalised recommendations for sessions, exhibitors and products, creating an individualised IBC experience for every attendee. This content will run from the launch date of 21st October until the end of March 2022.
“We can’t wait for the IBC Show to return to Amsterdam. We will be joined by a stellar line-up of speakers from globally recognised media and entertainment brands, who will be spotlighting emerging business and technology trends,” said Imran Sroya, Director at IBC. “We also understand that not everyone will be able to join us in Amsterdam. As a result, we are launching IBC Digital to create a hybrid event that will be accessible to IBC’s 250,000 strong community, regardless of whether they’re joining us in Amsterdam or onscreen at home.”
As part of IBC’s strategy to make this year’s content programme more accessible for attendees, the convention keynotes will be moved to the heart of the action and take place in the new Showcase Theatre in Hall 12. The Showcase Theatre will also feature thought-leadership led sessions on rapid growth markets from exhibitors and sponsors. IBC is also launching a series of themed Show Floor Stages that will host live exhibitor content sharing insights on trends from across the industry value chain.
The themes and locations for this year’s Show Floor Stages are:
- Hall 7 – Production & Post Production;
- Hall 9 – Content Supply Chain; (Sponsored by Grass Valley)
- Hall 13 – Live & Remote Production;
- Hall 5 – OTT, Direct to Consumer (Content Everywhere).
IBC is also supporting several initiatives which fall under its Innovation umbrella. The 2021 Technical Papers programme will cover a broad range of topics, including facial recognition, orchestrated devices, AI, advances in audio, XR, 5G, and include papers from Akamai, BBC, Comcast, IBM, MediaKind, NHK, RAI, TV2, and Vidmond amongst others. It will also host sessions from some of the organisations that own IBC, including the IEEE Broadcast Technology Society (BTS), International Trade Association for Broadcast & Media Technology (IABM), Institute of Engineering & Technology (IET), Society of Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) & the Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers (SMPTE).
The IBC Accelerator Media Innovation Programme will also return to Amsterdam and showcase boundary-breaking live demonstrations along with discussions with participants about each of their challenges and solutions. This year’s champions include Al Jazeera Media Networks, Associated Press, the BBC, ITV, Olympic Broadcasting Services, Sky and WarnerMedia, to name just a few. Eighty-five companies are participating overall to develop innovative solutions focused on key trends, such as 5G, AI and sustainability in live production.
“There’s a huge desire for the industry to get together again and do business, which is exemplified by the recent sharp uptick in registration,” said Steve Connolly, Director at IBC. “Visitors at this year’s show will have the opportunity to see live demonstrations from at least 700 exhibitors, including major industry players and companies making their IBC debut.”
The IBC Innovation Awards will return to IBC2021 to honour and celebrate collaborative projects within the content and technology industry. Alongside celebrating this year’s finalists and their technology partners, the IBC2021 Innovation awards will also announce the recipient for IBC’s highest accolade: the IBC International Honour for Excellence.
Please register for IBC2021 at: show.ibc.org/useful-info/registration to join the content and technology industry in unlocking business opportunities, discovering the latest innovations, and exploring the exciting world of content.
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv to provide a more robust streaming engine across all major OTT and mobile platforms - January 25, 2022
- THEO Technologies launches hesp.live, the first HTTP-based real-time video API at scale - January 24, 2022
- IBC Accelerators: Industry leaders take action to achieve Carbon Net Zero Live Production - January 24, 2022