Flanders Scientific will be showcasing the brand new DM240 reference LCD monitor. CEO/GM of Flanders Scientific, Bram Desmet, explains that “The DM240 was specifically built for DITs, editors, and colorists that want the top of the line capabilities of our DM series monitors, but don’t necessarily have the need or budget for the OLED level performance of the DM250. The DM240 is equipped with one of the best LCD panels we’ve ever used in a professional monitor, only being outperformed by the DM250 OLED. At half the price of the DM250 OLED the DM240 LCD is positioned to make our most powerful DM series monitors much more accessible to a wider variety of users.”
The DM240 utilizes a native HD wide gamut 10bit LCD panel with 100% P3 coverage and has an outstanding real-world contrast ratio of 1500:1. The DM240 also has a max luminance of 450nits for outdoor viewing environments and a 178º viewing angle, full 12bit processing, 3Gbps SDI inputs and is equipped with Flanders Scientific’s advanced third generation color fidelity engine that supports both calibration and DIT/Look LUTs.
The DM240 has a solid metal chassis and can operate on AC or DC power consuming only 23 watts of power at 100nits and 31 watts while in outdoor mode. Unique features found on all DM series monitors include:
- Direct integration over IP. When utilizing compatible software such as Pomfort’s LiveGrade Pro there is no need for additional standalone LUT management hardware. All you need is a camera, computer, and a DM240.
- Full resolution frame capture. Using select applications such as FSI’s DM Series IP Remote Utility, the DM240 can instantly capture full resolution images over IP that can be saved as a .JPG or .BMP file. Second screen monitor output. In addition to standard loop through outputs, second screen outputs allow you to simultaneously output clean and manipulated images. This powerful feature allows you to mirror what you see on screen, such as applied LUTs, to downstream equipment.
- Zero Delay mode. This feature allows for real-time video processing.
- Multidirectional Image Flip. Vertical, Horizontal, and Vertical + Horizontal flip. Image Flip works on all inputs and is mirrored downstream via second screen output.
- Cross conversion. This allows you take DisplayPort, HDMI, or DVI signals and convert them to SDI for output.
The DM240 will ship in early October and is available for pre-order now at $3995.00
- JVC Flexes Its Muscles For Strongman Competition Livestreams - November 22, 2021
- CONNECT ramps up its NMS SaaS offer with a new cloud-powered solution - November 18, 2021
- Chulalongkorn University Uses Blackmagic Design Workflow for Online and Streaming Classes - August 25, 2020