Friedrichsdorf, Germany – June 16, 2022 – As part of the company’s continuing effort to add value to its subscription offerings, Maxon is pleased to announce the addition of 50+ 4K premium tiled textures to the Maxon Capsules collection, designed to bring photorealism to artists’ renderings by adding minor flaws to the surfaces of 3D objects. The greyscale maps feature a mix of scratches, dust specs, smudges, fingerprints, hairs, residue, isolated fingerprints, all scanned from real surfaces and meticulously tiled. The Surface Imperfections Volume 1 texture library was created by David Gruwier and has been licensed by Maxon for immediate royalty-free use by all Cinema 4D and Maxon One subscribers.
For years surface imperfections or grunge maps have been the secret sauce of top professionals. By subtly layering in surface imperfections like dust, scratches, fingerprints and smudges – artists can take their renders from good to great. Building textures like this takes expensive equipment, specialized techniques, and the time and patience to make them seamlessly tileable. Maxon is thrilled to make this commercial library available free to all Cinema 4D users without the hassles of project-by-project licensing.
Examples of Uses
- Glossiness or Anisotropy Maps to add realistic surface imperfections to reflective surfaces such as glass, metal and plastic.
- Bump Maps for realistic micro-scratches, for creating subtle impurities in materials like plastic, paint and more.
- Extra Detail on windows, monitors, mirrors and other reflective surfaces that require that extra glint of realism.
- Texture Painting stamps and brushes source material.
- Masks for layered materials and procedural shaders.
- Overlays on lens flares and glare in compositing, emulating dirty lenses or camera housing.
- Mix with plain colors in your materials to break them up and add variation, because no surface color is perfect.
The Surface Imperfections collection of textures is available immediately and can be found in the Cinema 4D Asset Browser in the Textures/Imperfections category or by searching for “si-v1.”
Maxon makes powerful, yet approachable software solutions for content creators working in 2D and 3D design, motion graphics, visual effects and visualization. Maxon’s innovative product portfolio helps artists supercharge their creative workflows. Our product lines include the award-winning Cinema 4D suite of 3D modeling, simulation and animation technology; the creativity-on-the-go Forger mobile sculpting app; the diverse Red Giant lineup of revolutionary editing, motion design and filmmaking tools; the leading-edge, blazingly fast Redshift renderer; and ZBrush, the industry-standard digital sculpting and painting solution.
Maxon’s team is comprised of fun, passionate people who believe in building and empowering a successful artistic community. From our popular, inclusive events to our free Cineversity educational resources, Maxon recognizes that developing strong connections with creatives and fostering their professional growth is integral to our ability to stay on top of industry trends and better serve customers.
(e) [email protected]
(p) +44 7454 012045
- Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro Used to Film Shell V‑Power Racing Team Supercars Experience - August 17, 2022
- Event Stream Team Upgrades Live Streaming Workflow with ATEM 2 M/E Constellation HD - August 16, 2022
- Ateliere Joins the AWS ISV Accelerate Program - August 16, 2022