Position: IT Systems Engineer
Location: Palo Alto CA US
We are seeking a talented IT Systems Engineer with diverse technical background, capable of handling day-to-day operations and complex IT projects; from troubleshooting Outlook issues to designing and deploying campus-wide network and server infrastructure. Your experience and technical knowledge will go a long way, but excellent communication skills and a strong sense of team play are also major requirements.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic data-driven environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world’s leading Internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in downtown Palo Alto, California.
- At least 3 years experience in a Desktop Support role at a technology company.
- At least 3 years experience supporting Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems with both GUI and CLI tools.
- At least 3 years experience with Windows server technologies: AD, DFS, Print Services, SCCM.
- At least 1 year experience supporting video conferencing equipment (Cisco SX20, SX80, Crestron).
- At least 1 year experience troubleshooting mobile devices in a corporate environment.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field or equivalent years of experience.
- A friendly and customer-centric approach to end-user support
- A desire to learn and grow with the team as our needs and mission evolve.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record of driving IT projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write clear documentation and provide end-user training.
- Ability to write scripts in Powershell, Perl, Ruby, Python, or Shell
- Experience supporting corporate multi-function printers
- Experience with AV production (mixing boards, wireless microphones, etc.).
- Experience using virtualization technologies (VMware VCenter/VSphere/Hyper-V/VirtualBox).
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, subnetting, DNS and DHCP).
- Experience with Nagios, Opsview, Solarwinds or other SNMP monitoring tools.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours on occasion and participate in an on-call rotation.