Position: Junior Editor
Company: Dixon Davis Media Group
Location: Washington DC US
Democratic Media Firm seeks Junior Editor in Washington DC
Are you a news junkie? Do you follow politics like others follow sports? Always feel like you could tell the story better? Then we are looking for you! Dixon Davis Media Group is looking for a Junior Editor with Adobe Premiere and After Affects skills that knows how to tell a story and can respond to the political culture intuitively.
Responsibilities include searching for source candidate and opposition footage while creating short videos with this footage for the web and digital. Quality Control and slating of broadcast TV spots as well as gaining an encyclopedic knowledge of our personal footage library is required. Additionally, you would be the main support for the Senior Edit staff whether it be gathering stock, pulling b-roll selects or doing initial stringouts of spots.
This is a full time contract position, start date is TBD, with end date November 12th, 2018.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
- A critical eye for composition and graphics
- Be able to change direction at a moment’s notice
- Must be able to multi-task and possess excellent time management skills
- Must be a self-starter and creative problem solver
- Ability to work well with others, especially under tight deadline pressure
- Keen interest in news, politics and current affairs
- Highly motivated and organized in a high stress environment
- 2 years’ experience
Job Type: Contract