Position: Junior Post Production Technician
Location: New York NY US
Job Title: Junior Engineer – Post Production
We are looking for a junior post-production junior engineer to work at our New York based Radical Media office. Outpost Digital is the post-production department of Radical Media; we are a full service shop from creating dailies to editorial to finishing and delivery.
- Act as primary technical resource for editorial and post-production users. Escalating issues as needed.
- Supporting Apple, Windows and Linux workstations. Including build-out, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Maintain nightly backups, routine system maintenance.
- Manage Open Directory Users and FTP accounts.
- 1-3 years of experience of engineering post-production environment.
- An understanding of Adobe CC Premiere, After Effects, AVID Media Composer, Pro Tools and BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Mac OS X, Windows and CentOS.
- Strong ability to problem-solve.
- Knowledge of video formats, protocols and post-production workflow.
- Basic understanding of network technologies – switches, patch panels for Ethernet, SDI and fiber.
- Strong sense of client service.
- In depth knowledge of: Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, Quantam StorNext SAN, Adobe CC, Fibre Channel protocol, Ethernet networking, Open Directory, Pro Tools, Digital Video and Film cameras, Audio workflows, Color workflows
- Fast learner, work well within a team environment, have the ability to get along with others and be accommodating to a flexible work schedule.
- Prestore backup
- MS Office
- Remote Desktop
- Python Scripting
- Digital Video and Film cameras
- Video and Film lenses
- ACES knowledge for HDR workflows
- Ability to Move gear and equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of color correction software
- Active Directory
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year